Burning DVD - aborted due to encoding.

Bribar79 wrote on 5/26/2017, 7:45 PM

1. We have Magix MX Deluxe 2016. Windows 10.  When attempting to burn from photostory slideshow from the program to DVD-R, we got a message "burning disc aborted due to encoding."

Some of the log info says: DBK error in CBurnDev Support:: InvalidateDiscInfo(): 16 burn support invalid device

Burn Support: 1 record device(s) available

BurnSupport D: HL-DT-ST DvdRam Gubon Rev. LP00

ERROR: PrepareDVDVideo Files() failed with errNo.5 - encoding failed

!!! DBK error in BurnProject: 10 - movie encoding failed !!!

2. Do I have settings wrong for burn encoding? Really a novice at this. Have done several before, but somehow have a problem on this. Doing a presentation for Graduation Party coming in ONE week. Can someone offer some advice?? I would appreciate it every so much -- been working weeks/months on this... Thank you!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/27/2017, 3:10 AM

Hi

. . . . Magix MX Deluxe 2016 . . .

What is the full name and version number of the program as stated under Help, About . . .

Can you post the section of the error log from the line with the data and time to just after where the error occurs - what you have posted is incomplete - the error log should be here

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\Program version\dbk.log

where Username is your account name on the computer.

. . . . Do I have settings wrong for burn encoding? . . .

What settings did you use?

This error can occur because an image on the timeline is different, corrupt or has some other issue.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Bribar79 wrote on 5/28/2017, 9:38 AM

Thank you for answering so quickly.  I am actually on my sister's computer and Magix program MagixMX Deluxe 2016.  As this computer is unfamiliar to me, I am having trouble finding the dbk.log you asked us to put in.   However, do have the version number: Magix PhotoStory on DVD MX Deluxe Version 11.0.4.85 (UDC2).

I don't know if this will help, but we took pictures of error messages which I am including today.  Thank you, again for taking time to help us as this is an important event for the family.  Barbara

emmrecs wrote on 5/28/2017, 11:47 AM

Hi.

Thank you for the additional information.

PhotoStory MX is rather an old version now, but should work with Win 10, though there may well be some degree of incompatibility.

I'm sure John EB will return to this thread when he sees it but the image of the burn screen shows that you are apparently attempting to burn a Blu-ray disc (Disc format BD), but your disc burner is actually a DVD writer, not a Blu-ray writer.

I suspect that if you change the disc format (usually on a screen that appears before the burn screen) to DVD, you may well have rather more success.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 5/28/2017, 1:45 PM

Hi

Looking at the error log and the burning options you have 2 separate issues.

1. You are trying to burn a Blu-Ray disc on a writer that does not support Blu-Ray .

As Jeff has commented with the HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GUB0N you can only burn CD's and DVD's.

I would also recommend you update the Burn routines with these here. To ensure compatibility with Windows 10.

2. From the log there is an issue with the 3rd encoding step.

How many movies are there in the project? The log indicates at least 2 ie you have 2 timelines and are making a multi movie disc. You will need to switch to Timeline mode to see them.

If there are only 2 movies (timelines) then the issue may be with the Menu template you have selected for the disc - some of the older templates had an issue which aborted the burning.

If there are only 2 movies in the project and burning a DVD with the same menu template does not work, then try changing the menu template - I would suggest you try the Red Smoke template if available. I have never had this one fail.

Tip: Use DVD-RW rewriteable discs to do initial burns with, this will save you money not burning coasters should an error occur. Once you have a good burn then you can copy the DVD-RW to quality DVD-R discs.

Personally I would avoid using DVD+R discs.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/28/2017, 1:54 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.