Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/5/2018, 4:19 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, it seems you did not select the option to burn your project to DVD from within Photostory but rather to export the files, apparently to your hard disc. Is that correct? If so, why? The direct route of exporting to DVD is rather more straightforward. 😀

However, when you say it will not burn to DVD, there could be a host of reasons for this. So, in what exact format are the exported files on your computer? (If you're not sure, the file extension, e.g. mp4, mp2, etc., etc. will give us a clue.) It would appear that the format is NOT one that can be burnt directly to DVD. (The required file format for DVD is mp2/vob, with quite a range of "additional" files,extensions like .ifo and .bup, which are a vital part of the DVD specification.)

OTOH, did you select the export option to create a disc image file, with the extension.iso? That is a file which can be burned to disc but requires burning software that can read and unzip what is, essentially, a zipped file format.  Depending on the software you are attempting to use to burn your DVD it may not have the ability to read and use .iso files.

So, more details, please; we should then be able to help you!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Michelle-Mazza wrote on 10/6/2018, 3:07 PM

Jeff - Thank you for your reply. I'm so sorry but I really am clueless about this Photostory Deluxe. I need step by step instructions - a book or a tutorial on the basics.

I can try to explain what I'm doing and maybe you can give me some guidance. After putting together my slideshow I go to Burn. It pulls up the Disc selection menu. I select DVD. Then the DVD Burning menu pops up. Here is where I'm stuck. What do I do next? What settings do I need? I simply want to create a DVD that I can play on our DVD player. I would also like to create a file that I can play on my laptop that I plan to hook up to a TV. What program do I run the slideshow from?

Like I said, I am clueless as to how to use this software. I probably should have just paid someone to create this birthday slideshow.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

emmrecs wrote on 10/6/2018, 4:04 PM

Michelle,

Have you checked the Help files built in to PhotoStory? If you open them, via the Help menu (!!) and use the "Search" tab, type DVD in the search box and you will find a host of references which will help you to be able to burn your DVD! From the list, if you click on "Encoder Settings" and read the screen that then opens, all the information you need about the settings to use is there. Essentially, you need to leave everything more or less at its default setting! I've attached a screenshot of the Help screen.

As to playing your slideshow on your laptop hooked up to a TV, assuming your laptop has a DVD drive and software to play DVDs (since Win 10 no longer includes such software "by default"), you can use the DVD you've just created. If you don't have a DVD drive on your laptop, export your slideshow to .mp4 format. Use the File>Export movie>Video as MPEG-4 menu item and your laptop should be able to play it without any additional software, I think.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/6/2018, 4:08 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Michelle-Mazza wrote on 10/10/2018, 9:23 PM

Hi Jeff - So I went to Burn, Selected DVD, Left all the settings as they were and hit Start burn process button. It all appeared to be working fine but then I got the following error: "Burning was aborted with the following error: Internal error while processing. Drive not ready". What is happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

emmrecs wrote on 10/11/2018, 6:08 AM

The message Drive not ready suggests either there was no DVD in the drive, or that your DVD drive is actually NOT a writer but only a reader.

So, please post the full specs of your computer. CPU, RAM, HDD type and free space, DVD reader/writer model number.

One other thought: the files to create the DVD are first written to your internal hard disc before being burned to the DVD. Have you tried the Burn option of "Image Recorder". This creates the DVD files on your computer and then saves them all as a single .iso file. Have you tried exporting your project that way? if so, with what success?

Jeff

Michelle-Mazza wrote on 10/13/2018, 11:34 AM

Where is the burn option of image recorder? I really don't know what I'm doing. I really appreciate your help. I need a Photostory Deluxe book for dummies. The help function is not helpful enough for me. And I'm so disappointed that tech support has not gotten back to me. Unless I get this figured out today I'm going to have to recreate a slideshow in powerpoint or buy another software program that is more user friendly.

Thanks again for your help.

Michelle

emmrecs wrote on 10/13/2018, 12:09 PM

Hi again.

Please answer ALL the questions in my previous post.  Without the information about your computer it is almost impossible for we fellow-users, who clearly cannot see your computer screen, to offer any advice at all.

The Image Recorder option is on the DVD Burning screen (see my screenshot below)

Can you also confirm exactly which version of PhotoStory Deluxe you have? The latest is 18.1.1.53. You can find this via "Help>About Magix Photostory".

bella-k wrote on 12/10/2018, 12:16 AM

I am unable to burn my slideshow to DVD and cannot seem to find any solutions. I see the files have been encoded on my computer but they will not burn to the DVD. What am I doing wrong? Using Photostory Deluxe newest version. Windows 10

Which burner ?try doing it again with this iso burner.