bugs in Photostory 2017 deluxe

Ellesh wrote on 7/23/2017, 1:00 PM

I have stumbled a few bugs which I am disapointed with. I am trying to do a simple introduction, but seems the update have not installed all components. Also what missing that the older versions they had additional content that can be installed. Why has this disapeared. Thinking the new version has more features. I might aswell go back to the old version, please can some one advise, or is there going to be continuation on getting this fixed?

Kind Regards Ellesh😑

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/23/2017, 3:44 PM

Hi

Did you download and install the extra content available under Help, Free download ?

The file path to the Intor/outro files in the image above - C:\Content\IntroOutro\ . . . . - looks wrong.

The correct path is: C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Photostory Deluxe\2017\IntroOutro\ . . .

Did you change the install locations from the default when you installed Photostory 2017 ?

If not try pointing Photostory to the correct folder location by clicking the Folder button in the dialog in your image above.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ellesh wrote on 7/23/2017, 3:54 PM

When you go to help there is no option to download extra content. I am trying you fix currently by running the sfc / scannow in commad prompt and re installing again.

I have gone through the correct path regarding the intro and outro and the content does not exist? I will screen shot with the details to prove that the file path for the jpg does not exist.

Ellesh wrote on 7/23/2017, 4:33 PM

Hi, still getting error messages and no extra downloads available. please help

emmrecs wrote on 7/24/2017, 5:32 AM

Hi.

I am trying you fix currently by running the sfc / scannow in commad prompt and re installing again.

Your running of the system file checker is not likely to help with your problem I think. That simply checks that all Windows files are in the place and condition that they are expected to be; it has no effect on installed programs.

Before you reinstalled did you follow the excellent advice in this tutorial about how to successfully uninstall and reinstall Magix products?

Also, did you follow John's advice to check exactly where the program is looking for those intro and outro files? "C:\Content\.." is not a folder I have ever heard of being created or used in a modern version of Windows. Which version are you running by the way?

If you have done all the above and still receive the error message in your latest post I think you need to follow its advice in that screen message and contact support direct.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam