Bought Producer Planet Independence and got no Serial Number

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/9/2020, 2:54 PM

I need a serial number for a downloaded Producer Planet plug-in and there is no contact for Producer Planet.

I used the free version of Independence for a few years. Then I upgraded to Independence Pro Standard a short time ago for about 99 bucks and got what seemed to be exactly the same as the free version with no bigger library. So I upgraded that to Pro Plus, got a bigger library, another copy of the free version of Independence, and no serial number to license it for use with the bigger library. So I'm about 140.00 US into it now, opened half a dozen tickets on it with Magix tech and other support, none of who seem to actually read the ticket and keep telling me either they need the serial to register it (which I said I don't have) or they tell me the serial is on the box etc (which I don't have because it's a download from Producer Planet) or allude to some email I supposedly got containing the serial, which did not come after either Standard or Pro.

Has anyone actually purchased Independence Pro/Plus/Whatever Ultimate, and received an email with the serial in it? I've wasted hours looking through trash and spam and I've got nothing.

My Producer Planet page shows all my purchases but unlike the Magix page, "My Products" are not listed with accompanying serial numbers.

Is there really no contact number or email for Producer Planet? I haven't seen either.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 1/9/2020, 6:08 PM

@Royce-Lerwick

Hi,

Did you check your spam/junk box? Often emails from Magix end up there. Also, make sure to scroll down on any email that you have from Magix. You should have received a P2 serial number.

I presume that you downloaded and installed the full 70GB of samples, correct?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/11/2020, 2:25 PM

Yes. Spent an hour looking through a thousand junk and spam files twice. Like I say, I bought then upgraded hoping an email I might have missed would come with the upgrade.

Former user wrote on 1/11/2020, 4:43 PM

Producer Planer = MAGIX. They run that. Just contact their support.

Did you check your MAGIX account? If you purchase while logged in, some products automatically register there - and the serial will be there, if that is the case.

Personally, I'd ask for a refund before it was too late, and just go to Plugin Boutique and buy AIR Structure 2. It works well enough as a basic sampler, and Independence's Factory Library isn't exactly a huge selling point over it (and filled with useless bloat - I wish we could choose which libraries to install, granularly).

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/11/2020, 7:57 PM

Doesn't show up on my Magix account except for the free temp license I had to opt for. And yes, I've been through all the online attempts from Producer Planet (none) and Magix trying to get my serial number. Like I said, didn't get one with the standard, didn't get one with the upgrade to plus. And all Magix does is tell me how to enter a serial number from an email I have not got now three times. It's a matter of honor.

Former user wrote on 1/13/2020, 10:10 PM

Ask for a refund before you get stuck with a shoddy situation and can't get your money back.

emmrecs wrote on 1/14/2020, 4:03 AM

@Royce-Lerwick

Have you tried to contact Magix Sales via the Contact button in the footer of every forum page?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/14/2020, 9:34 PM

Not through the forum but about a dozen times through the Magix site and they all came back with robot responses about looking at a package I never had or an email they never sent.

emmrecs wrote on 1/15/2020, 3:49 AM

@Royce-Lerwick

Thanks for the additional information.

I will attempt to draw the attention of Magix staff to this thread and, hopefully, get a more "helpful" answer!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/18/2020, 2:08 PM

Just want to clarify that Producer Planet shows the purchase as one of my products, but never sent a serial. Also want to point out that there is no contact link anywhere I can find for Producer Planet.

ralftaro wrote on 1/20/2020, 8:32 AM

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. If the purchase went through, you should have received an order number (...IAP) and the serial number via e-mail. So, please do contact our sales/support team to recover the necessary information. If you have the order number, make sure to include it. Otherwise, make sure to include the e-mail address you used for this. I managed to locate two different accounts and e-mail addresses in our system, just based on your user name and the name given in those accounts, but failed to find any such Producer Planet purchase under either one. So, I think a third account may be involved? Either way, we'll be able to dig up the necessary information one way or another.

Thanks!

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/21/2020, 9:01 PM

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. If the purchase went through, you should have received an order number (...IAP) and the serial number via e-mail. So, please do contact our sales/support team to recover the necessary information. If you have the order number, make sure to include it. Otherwise, make sure to include the e-mail address you used for this. I managed to locate two different accounts and e-mail addresses in our system, just based on your user name and the name given in those accounts, but failed to find any such Producer Planet purchase under either one. So, I think a third account may be involved? Either way, we'll be able to dig up the necessary information one way or another.

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/21/2020, 9:03 PM

You people are so funny. I have bought this software. I did not get any serial number. You show me a place where I can send a screen capture and I'll show you where your own dumbassed Producer Planet says I own this software.

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/21/2020, 9:04 PM

Bite me. Never again.

Royce-Lerwick wrote on 1/21/2020, 9:08 PM

Maybe I'll just do a charge-back on the credit card.

Former user wrote on 2/1/2020, 11:48 AM

Maybe I'll just do a charge-back on the credit card.

Oh. You didn't listen to me and put in that refund request?

Guess you got your more "helpful" response

You should always refund and try buying again. That way you don't lose money. Never wait for answers when you have a refund window. If the purchase bugs out the second time, immediately refund and find a different product to buy.

IMO, Magix should have simply refunded you and asked you to repurchase.

Pawe-Hoda wrote on 3/17/2020, 3:24 PM

Hello

Some time ago I bought instrumental version in Non-commercial. Now I would like to buy Commercial (Royalty Free) to use without any limits. The old 'Catooh' website no longer exists. And the producerplanet.com page doesn't have the file I have. What am I supposed to do now? I don't want to have trouble in future. Can you give me the price for Commercial (Royalty Free)and I'll send the money. I have the history of my payments for instrumental music from 'Catooh'. I didn't buy Samples or Loops. Only musical instrumental accompaniment! Give me the price for a Commercial (Royalty) license for me and I'll pay! Because on 'Catooh' this instrumental accompaniment is total gone. And you managed this page. Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DEMO I wrote a melody, text and I recorded a vocal.

Instrumental accompaniment: Catooh.

I wrote the same info to: infoservice@magix.net to

...but they don't know what to do and how helpe me...

Maybe You will to know?

Please help me, maybe you have a general price list for files that you no longer have on catooh and producerplanet.com, I will gladly pay so you don't have problems. And soon a CD will be released with VodeoClip with promotion in TV and Internet.

Email address removed by Moderator

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2020, 3:40 PM

@Pawe-Hoda

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please read this topic and then start a new post including more details of which program you are using, the version number and which Soundpool are you looking for?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.