Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/16/2021, 4:54 AM

@David-Font

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'll start by saying I have never used Video Easy but I do a lot of transfers from analogue video tape to computer, prior to burning to DVD or exporting to a digital format. The Blue Screen, in my experience, appears when the original tape has areas where nothing has ever been previously recorded on the tape, i.e. those sections of the tape are, effectively, "brand new". When using domestic VHS recorders, it is extremely difficult to ensure that each subsequent recording is started at exactly the point where the preceding one finished; almost inevitably, there will be a "gap", hence the Blue Screen.

Does Video Easy offer any facility to "edit" the transferred video file? If so, that is the only method by which you can remove those blue screens, I'm afraid. Again, from my experience, you cannot prevent them appearing as the transfer is happening so post-transfer removal is the only solution.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

David-Font wrote on 5/16/2021, 7:37 PM

Thanks Jeff, In the previous version of Video Easy, I had a black screen which didn't require too much editing, since I updated to the newer version and with a recent transfer job the infamous blue screen flashed up, everytime there was some instability.. Some of the edits are only 1- 5sec at max, very time consuming... Thanks again