Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/25/2009, 7:12 AM
Hi there,

This might be a misunderstanding. Dolby Digital is basically not just possible, but it's actually the only available option when it comes to the AVCHD disc authoring in Movie Edit Pro.

After you have chosen AVCHD as the disc format you want to author and you're in the final burning dialog, click on the "Encoder settings..." button to see the detailed MPEG-4 encoder settings. As you will see, the audio is set to "AC3", which is just another name for Dolby Digital.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 8/26/2009, 8:19 AM
Hi,

Thanks for clarifying this. I'm afraid at the moment the AVCHD disc is limited to stereo. 5.1 audio is only possible in the context of video DVD and Blu-ray disc creation.

ralftaro wrote on 8/27/2009, 3:46 AM
You're welcome. I, too, hope that there will be further improvements in that area, even if the 5.1 sound in particular is not that relevant to my personal use of the program. As far as Blu-ray rendering is concerned, keep in mind that MEP 15 is currently using MPEG-2 with PCM audio for that. So, it is different from the AVCHD disc rendering and might not be a totally arbitrary limitation.