Aspect ratio problems

lyubomir wrote on 12/2/2008, 9:01 AM
Hi all,
I'm a new to this forum and Magix movie edit pro 12 as well.
Have tried to edit movie from Canon FS100 (aspect ratio 16:9), but the program recognized it as 4:3. I am shure the files are 16:9. Although program settings were for 16:9, the result on DVD was 4:3 format.
I am fighting with this problem still 4 days!
Please any advises or kind of help!!!! 

Comments

Morbotron wrote on 12/2/2008, 10:36 AM
You would also have to make sure the project is specified as 16:9 - click "File" - "Movie settings" then under "Video setting", make sure 16:9 is selected. In the burn disc for DVD player dialog, you could also click "Encoder settings" then "Advanced". Under the "Video settings" tab, under aspect ratio, you can select 16:9. (Possibly "Auto" is selected and not showing up properly.)
Brenner wrote on 12/3/2008, 12:18 PM
Hello,

Is your problem the same as mine? Camera Panasonic HDC-SD5 at 16:9 1920. Film on the PC monitor is 16:9.
Burned with Video deluxe 15 Plus on CD and played at 4:3 TV the left and right side are gone. So not a black part above and under as usual.
Played at 16:9 TV the 4:3 image is stredged, left and right side missed again.
In Holland Magix does not give the solution. I checked all the settings at 16:9. 
ralftaro wrote on 12/4/2008, 3:59 AM
Hi there,

If the aspect ratio of your imported sources files it detected incorrectly, you can manually correct it in the program. Having your project/movie settings at 16:9 is important, but is not enough. You need to make sure the actual source files are handled as 16:9 material within the context of your 16:9 project. In order to achieve this, here's what you need to do: Import your source file(s) into Movie Edit Pro. In timeline view, right-click on the video track of the video object. Choose "Object properties" from the context menu that will come up. In the properties dialog, manually correct the aspect ratio to the correct setting (e.g. 16:9). Confirm the dialog. Done. Now you have a 16:9 object in a 16:9 project. If that is really the correct aspect ratio of your files and the preview monitor in the program is also set to 16:9, the display of the file should be perfect now without any aspect ratio distortions or black borders. Unfortunately, you will have to repeat this procedure for each video object if you imported multiple files.

I hope this helps!