AP9 Beatmapper & Zoom issues

bfresh wrote on 7/29/2019, 3:12 PM

Beatmapper: I just installed AP9. If I open a project created in AP8, the beatmapped tracks are not correctly beatmapped in AP9. Is this a bug that will be fixed or will I not be able to open older projects from other versions in AP9?

Zoom: Normally zoom centers around the cursor, however in AP9, this does not seem to be working correctly.

Comments

mellotronworker wrote on 7/30/2019, 2:08 AM

Beatmapping in AP9 appears to be utterly broken. I have tracks made with AP7 and AP8, neither of which will line up in AP9 at all. I am hoping that a fix is in the pipeline, but asking Magix support about this is like talking to an unresponsive brick wall.

pawgan wrote on 7/30/2019, 10:54 AM

zoom is not working like it does in AP8 or AP7. It does not center anymore...

sheppo wrote on 8/2/2019, 8:17 AM

I too have noticed issues with opening older Acid tracks in AP9, typically I saw it in projects made in AP7, or AMS9/10. I have reported it as an issue from the first public release. I don't have any news to report about whether this will be fixed or not. In the meantime running through the beatmapper wizard again resolves the problem. Personally that's annoying when it's hard to get things right as they were before, e.g. getting the same downbeat, and if the file you are using has BPM drift....

As for the way the zoom works, this is a change in AP9, and there is a new corresponding option to turn it on/off.

Options -> Preferences -> General Tab -> General Preferences -> scroll to the bottom, Zoom to Mouse Point