Comments

Clevo wrote on 9/24/2009, 4:32 AM
Let me guess...you were copying files from a DVD?
Confused wrote on 9/24/2009, 11:16 AM
No I was not copying files.  The file in question was part of another movie.  What I was doing was attempting to make a movie with Edit Pro Plus and the file was not part of the project.  At any rate to my way of thinking if you are asked if you want to use a file you should be given a choice to say "No" without aborting.
Clevo wrote on 9/24/2009, 3:21 PM
m2ts stands for mpeg2 transport stream and is usually found in DVD type file structures. Either from the disc or on the hard drive (waiting to be copied to a disc)

from the image you supplied wouldn't "cancel" qualify as a "no"
Confused wrote on 9/24/2009, 5:28 PM
Cancel does not say "No" it aborts the whole operation, it should have a "No" then move on to the next op in line.  Anyway thanks for the answers.  I fixed the problem by deleting the offending file.
ralftaro wrote on 9/25/2009, 8:29 AM
Hi,

The message you get basically implies that you're in the process of authoring a disc. It means that the program has found image files associated with this project name that have been encoded before. It's offering you to use such files again, basically in order to save encoding time. Naturally, this should only be done if you didn't change anything in your project that is encoded into those files. Answering the given question with "No", basically means picking one of the "Encode" options. If you're not sure about what is going on and if you want to be on the safe side that you get on your resulting disc exactly what you see in your timeline/preview, you should always answer "Encode all".

I hope this helps.

Confused wrote on 9/25/2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the answer. So if the file is not part of the project and does not show up in the timeline I should pick "Encode All"?
Confused wrote on 10/12/2009, 10:32 AM
Still no good answer but I will mark it as solved.