Agreements

smartwise99 wrote on 5/5/2021, 11:29 AM

Hi 98% of the soundpools I purchased were Audio Pro Unlimited. However, I looked in a email which said this was not a fact. I understand that Magix / Catooh dissolved or has a possible back end . However, 85%, of my purchases were with them . The fact is I do not see any of the purchases I made through Catooh, so does this mean the products sound pools, and agreements I have are no longer valid ? Yet, I purchased them with Unlimted Pro audio agreements. I also emailed Magix about this issue if it arises prior to the selling or buy out of Catooh . I was sent a link to my products I purchased through them by Magix . To my dismay, the link does not work . Personally I wouldn't'' waste my time or money buying non commercial agreements. knowing I might commercial lized them; yet to this day I have not . However, I have recieved a few possible proposals, and I am interested.However, I can not go forward not knowing whats going on . Please Explain . ?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/5/2021, 12:06 PM

@smartwise99

Catooh became Producer Planet some time ago. If you log in there, I think you should see all your purchased soundpools listed.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

smartwise99 wrote on 5/5/2021, 12:17 PM

In my question that was also adressed I understand that Catooh was changed over, however in producer planet non of my purchases were placed in Producer Planet, and if any were non of the agreements are correct regarding Catooh. I have 20 + soundpools which none are showing. in the store .

johnebaker wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:22 PM

@smartwise99

Hi

Browse to Producer Planet and scroll down to the bottom of the home page - a link to the licence terms is there.

From what you have posted, this sounds like you have some discontinued Soundpools that you purchased a long while ago from Catooh.

The terms and conditions on Catooh, clearly stated that it was your responsibility to maintain backup copies of the installers, additionally you would also have been advised on completionetion of purchase that the download would be available for a set period - 30 days IIRC.

From the Catooh terms and Conditions section 11.4 - 'MAGIX therefore does not provide a replacement for uploaded or acquired data from Catooh.' - my highlight

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

smartwise99 wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:31 PM

I am not asking for any additional downloads or copies of anything. Although, a email with a link I have says otherwise. I am asking about the Catooh agreements? That were purchasd with the sound pools, and the soundpools not showing in Producer Planet ? let me reinterate does this mean because they were dscontinued they can not be used ? Next are the agreements still standing ?

johnebaker wrote on 5/5/2021, 2:25 PM

@smartwise99

Hi

I would suggest you ask Magix again - only their legal team could answer this one.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 5/5/2021, 2:45 PM

@smartwise99 Your Catooh license is listed in your purchase e-mails from Catooh. If your mails state that you bought the non-commercial license you probably did and just remembering it incorrectly. I bought commercial and non-commercial licenses from Catooh and I still have all mails. The mails explicitly state for each Soundpool which license I paid for.

The old purchases were not transferred over to ProducerPlanet. That's why you don't see them anymore.

smartwise99 wrote on 5/5/2021, 2:47 PM

For some odd reasons the persons answering the questions has a need to be unecessarily rude and seems to take my asking personal . When I politely asked questions to the whole community, and the professional services They were questions that were not answered properly. If you do not have the answer, please refrain from answering. it was serious questions that deserves answers. I would have email another source if there was one to address. . Closing the the post still will not answer the question properly. I will assume either you do not know the answer, or refuse to answer . I just undertand asking where I purchased the works from isn't in a mood to answer. Have a wonderful

smartwise99 wrote on 5/5/2021, 2:55 PM

Sp most of that had little to do with the answr you just gave thank you very much . someone else answered with them saying they were closing my post without a proper answers. SP, you have indeed on some parts answered one or two of the questions thank you. No my agrreement has pro, but the email has stated otherwise.

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/5/2021, 2:56 PM

@smartwise99

Hello. Welcome

Every user answering your questions are not technical support, this is a public user to user forum.

Everyone has responded to you with the best of their capability and

@johnebaker​​​​​​

has asked you to contact the legal team at Magix for further assistance.

@SP. Has also explained in detail in his response to you.

The advice given is to contact Magix.

There have not been any rude responses as you put it.

As every advice possibly given to you has now exhausted with no further solution offered, this thread will now be closed as you are now ranting blowing off steam which is not acceptable.

Please contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance.

Forum Moderator 

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 5/5/2021, 3:03 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard