after importing a move, the preview screen remains black. HELP!

kazuhiro wrote on 10/21/2009, 2:51 PM
I import a movie from dvd to edit. After it is imported, the preview/edit screen in upper left corner will not allow any edits.  I only see a black screen when trying to preview and press play. I do hear audio, but it's all choppy and improper.  What happened here?

I just got this program and am not too happy at the moment. 

I am trying to preview the movie I just imported so that I may take out a 60 second clip and edit that.

but, the screen remains black no matter how many times I try it.

please, any experienced users lend me some advice on why it is happening and also the audio - why it's soo choppy. I think the problem is hand and hand of course.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/22/2009, 11:14 AM
What kind of DVD is it? How was it created?

This problem might either be related to the import and decoding of this DVD material and/or to the general display of video in the program. Does the preview monitor work for you when you import other materials, e.g. still images or the program's demo project?

AndyCope wrote on 10/22/2009, 8:48 PM
I feel your pain. I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!
I found, but it only works in "record" mode,
Go to       <<file>>play video/audio..., It brings up a small box, click "settings"
and you have to play around with it, the settings change them mess around with them try diffrent things to see if it works. If it misses up Your program more than do the previous...  <<file>>play video/audio..., It brings up a small box, click "settings" this brings up another box at the bottem somewhat to the right click reset it will return the normal settings

I know this doesn't help much and is pretty casual but its the best I could do

The person that answerd above me is helping me to
(,http://www.magix.info/us/member/profile/ralftaro/ ,) If he helps me Ill tell you what he said

Also try this,                     File>>Play Audio/Video..>>(press the down arrow next to settings)>>Down arrow>>User-Defined>>Video>>Window Meidia Video Format>> press O.K.        Then depinding on the size of your video, it will be "Mixing down" this may take a while, (you can NOT do anything while movie is "Mixing Down", so i suggest before dong this open up this websight. IF you change your video, you must repeat the first Two steps then press O.K.
ralftaro wrote on 10/27/2009, 10:08 AM
Hi again,

Despite the fact that other video material appears to be working and previewing correctly, this still seems to be a mere preview problem, since you indicated that both video and audio track for the imported DVD show up down in the timeline. Your graphics card/driver might not be working well when interfaced by the software, which is especially true for simple on-board graphics solutions. Please make sure that at least the driver is up-to-date. You should also experiment with the different video mode settings in the program. In order to do this, please open the program, go into the program settings (e.g. by pressing "Y" on the keyboard), switch to the "Display options" tab and find the "playback in arranger/video mode" section. Experiment with the different video modes available in the drop-down list and check whether your preview monitor displays the project correctly now. There are several alternatives to the mode set by default.

Good luck!