Additional program

Delon-Hui wrote on 12/12/2020, 4:56 PM

I downloaded the additional programs 9.79G of Photostory_2021_Deluxe_DesignElements, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_MenuTemplates 1 & 2, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_PhotoshowMakerStyles, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_SoundEffects, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_SoundtrackMakerStyles, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_Titles, Photostory_2021_Deluxe_Transitions and Installations Manager included Music Maker and Photostory_2021_Deluxe_20.0.1.52 & Photostory_2021_Deluxe_20.0.1.62.

May I ask how can I add those to Magix photostory Deluxe. Thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/13/2020, 5:01 AM

@Delon-Hui

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

How, exactly, did you download this additional content? If you used the Additional Content screen within PS, did you then allow the automatic installation to start, where each add-on, in turn will be installed to its default location?

If not, and you simply downloaded each of these programs to save on your computer, then simply double-click on each one, in turn, and allow it to run its own built-in installer. Just remember the default location for each separate add-on is where PS will expect to find it to be able to use its content.

One VERY important caveat: for some reason I see your list includes Photostory_2021_Deluxe_20.0.1.52 and the patch which ends _62. These must be installed before any of the other Photostory items because they are the core program. Only when they are installed should you then install the others whose names begin Photostory.

Music Maker is a completely different program, offered as a "bonus". Whether you choose to install it is entirely up to you but do be aware it is the basic, free version which lacks many of the features of the top-of-the-line paid-for Premium version.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Delon-Hui wrote on 12/13/2020, 9:48 AM

Thank you very much Jeff, My desktop computer hard disk crash today and cant not reboot the computer.

It is a eight years old computer and not worth to repair, therefore I am going to buy a new computer. I purchase my photostory online on 06/12/2020 and received a download link and Serial number. May I ask can I use these detail to download and reinstall my photostory in the new computer? Much appreciate for your assistance.

Regards

Delon

emmrecs wrote on 12/14/2020, 4:16 AM

@Delon-Hui

can I use these detail to download and reinstall my photostory in the new computer?

Yes, possibly.

But better to go to your Magix account, log in, go to My Products and download the installer there. Whilst in your account check the activation on your now lost computer, it will still be listed as "active", so choose the option to "Deactivate" it. That way, should you want to install the software on a second computer you will not encounter the problem of "too many activations".

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam