Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/18/2021, 4:15 AM

@Richard-Kingston

First, you will see I have moved one of your posts to the correct forum area! Please do not create multiple posts asking the same question! The others have either been closed or hidden!

Assuming you are working in Timeline mode, everytime you place the cursor on a different place on the image object, you can change the level/degree of the zoom point. Then click the highlighted button in my screenshot:

That is the "add a keyframe" button.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Richard-Kingston wrote on 2/18/2021, 4:22 PM

Thanks for your patience.  I always work in Timeline Mode.
When in Magix I have placed a keyframe rectangle in the picture, and then move the cursor outside this keyframe a 2nd tiny keyframe rectangle appears at the cursor.  Unfortunately when I then left click this  >  the first keyframe immediately disappears, leaving me with only the 2nd one.  

I’m used to doing my creative zooming in Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1 where there’s a readily accessible [even to an idiot like me] Add/ + button which allows you to have 2 or more keyframes in the same picture.  With the ‘displayed action’ moving from what’s displayed in keyframe 1  >  to keyframe 2 etc. 

I’ve only recently began to try to use Magix Photostory Deluxe 2021 and appreciate that in a lot of respects it’s an improvement.  But Magix isn’t all that useful to me if it doesn’t facilitate versatile, creative zooming in, around and out which I use a lot to ‘liven up’ my slide shows.  And the only way I’ve discovered so far to do this is by having and using more that one keyframe in the same picture/photo/whatever.

I’d greatly appreciate any further suggestions.  If it’s simply not possible to have more than one keyframe in Magix, please simply tell me so.

Richard K

Email address removed by Moderator.

emmrecs wrote on 2/19/2021, 4:42 AM

@Richard-Kingston

Please don't post confidential personal data, like your email address, to a public forum like this one; if you do, you risk it being harvested by Spam bots! Hence, I have removed it from your post.

If it’s simply not possible to have more than one keyframe in Magix, please simply tell me so.

It is entirely possible to have multiple keyframes on one image, just look at the screenshot I posted earlier, where there are clearly three keyframe markers!

So, I don't know what is going wrong for you, except I see you wrote when I then left-click this (new keyframe)... Why are you left-clicking it? I've just tried to reproduce the disappearance of a keyframe by creating a new one and then left-clicking on it: nothing happened, no deletion of the earlier one! And by the way, I was able to easily create three keyframes! The only method I can see by which a keyframe is deleted is if I highlight it and then click on the bin icon directly above the keyframe window.

Assuming you want a zoom to start at the beginning of an image, with the cursor at the beginning of the timeline of the image and "Camera/Zoom shot" selected on the Effects screen, click on the add keyframe button. Move the cursor on the image to the next place where you want to change the zoom and make the "new" zoom position by moving the dotted outline on the playback screen to where you want it to be at that point. Immediately a new key frame is created at that point and added to the keyframe window. Repeat for each change you want. Both zooming in, "moving" and zooming out can be created in this way

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam