Add slide without having to move all objects over in timeline.

wendy-weissman wrote on 9/9/2020, 1:43 PM

I am new to Photostory having used Pro Show Producer for years. In PSP I could add a slide where my slider was and it would automatically move all content over by the default duration of new slide. This is not how so far I see Photostory behaving. In fact if there is not enough time between the slides open PS will add this slide at the end of the timeline.

It would be cool If I could connect say titles with slides as a group so then it makes it easier to move things over manually if I have to. I think there is a grouping option but not available when I select two objects (slide and title )

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:20 PM

@wendy-weissman

Hi

. . . . it would automatically move all content over by the default duration of new slide . . . .

Photostory is not sophisticated enough to have feature such as auto ripple - you would need to move up to Movie Edit Pro Premium for this.

However there is a means of doing this with less moue movements - assuming you are working in Timeline mode:

1. change the mouse from single object mode to Attach objects in all tracks mode

2. open a gap where you want the image to be by dragging the image to follow to the right - all the other images to the right will move as well

3. drag the image from the media pane and drop it in the gap

4. drag the previously moved images back to close the gap.

. . . . I think there is a grouping option but not available when I select two objects (slide and title ) . . . .

It does work you can group any number of objects using the standard Windows key modifiers - Shift or Ctrl - with left mouse click.

If you have not read the manual available under Help, I would advise you to do so. The questions you have asked are covered in the manual.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:26 PM

@wendy-weissman

Hi,

Unfortunately, PhotoStory does not have all of the editing tools available in Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium.

Using Timeline mode, not Storyboard, for moving objects in bulk, switch the Mouse mode (the Arrow button on the toolbar above the timeline) to the button to its right (Attach objects in all tracks). Grab the left-most object that you want to move to the right and drag. Everything to the right of that object and above and below it will move. Switch back to single object mouse mode.

For importing, you are limited to the default, automatic, which puts the object at the end, and to Exchange Object (toolbar to the right of the mouse mode buttons). Movie Edit Pro has Insert and a couple more tools for importing.

If you don't yet have stuff on other tracks, you can use Storyboard mode and drag and drop the image between other objects. Even if you have stuff on other tracks, you can use this but you may have to do some extra editing of these other objects on the timeline.

Edit: I see that John EB beat me to it.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 9/9/2020, 3:27 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

wendy-weissman wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:27 PM

I looked in the manual but couldn't find it. Most likely because of what I am calling it. Thanks

wendy-weissman wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:31 PM

So does Movie Edit pro plus/premium have the ability to do the picture collages? I have used FCP 10 also for video editing and the generators for pictures are just horrible. That's why I was looking for a slide show software. but if Movie Edit pro does both video and pictures I will definitely take a look.

johnebaker wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:36 PM

@wendy-weissman

Hi

. . . . Movie Edit pro plus/premium have the ability to do the picture collages . . . .

Yes it does, Photostory also has this capability with many others under the Templates tabs

. . . . but if Movie Edit pro does both video and pictures . . . .

Photostory also does videos however it is a less featured program than Movie Edit Pro.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/9/2020, 3:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 9/9/2020, 5:48 PM

@wendy-weissman

Hi Wendy,

Further to what John EB mentioned, Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium also allows you to create your own collages. Of course, it takes work but it can pay off. There are some tutorials on this.

Example, I made several templates for what I wanted but with different quantities of photos that were not full screen. If I had 24 photos (all landscape), I would use my 24-photo template, 36 photos, the 36-template. Each of my templates includes timing and some special effects, like page curl out.

Anything that you can do in PhotoStory can be done in Movie Edit Pro P/P, usually with more ease, better, with more tools and more possibilities.

See the tutorials below for basic editing with MEP. You'll see that you can do much more.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

wendy-weissman wrote on 9/10/2020, 1:56 PM

Thanks! I will definitely look into this