Acid Pro pros and cons - tell me what you think about.

jocker-boy wrote on 7/25/2019, 4:01 AM

Hello,

I have such personal thoughts about product which is currently Magix Acid Pro software, in the basic and extended varieties Next or Next Suite.Was it worth changing? Has it been in the right direction?

Of course, a big plus this is : 64 bit engine, VST 2/3 , 24bit 192 kHz audio, dark and bright panel, zplane eastique pro 3, beatmapper and chopper, midi track freeze and many more vst and vsti plugins.

But there are problems : unstable operation,problems with gui,problem with mp3 files mainly with a tempo grid if we open the project in a version higher than AP 8.In this way, you could not refine the AP 8 version? Where now does it seem to be the most stable but not yet perfect? What's next with the AP 8 version? Will there be further support? Is it the end? After using the AP 9 trial version, Next I do not want to make changes and stress :( It was not better for a year or two, refine the AP 8 or AP 9 version and then extend it to the Next version?I think that it is worth considering it rather than losing current and future users who in the price of Next Suite have the choice of another good DAW with full support. I hope with Magix and the people responsible for the Adcid Pro project will finally make a nice surprise for us and refine these flaws.Acid Pro is really beautiful and I would like it to be wonderful :)I have been using it for a long time and I would still like it to be my favorite DAW in my work and passion. Thank you. Mariusz

Comments

Matt-Francis wrote on 7/26/2019, 8:52 AM

Thing I like about Acid is the ease of "painting" a track compared to other DAWs I've used. It is so intuitive, but maybe that's just because I started with Acid. AP8 seems to have been put out half baked though. I still can't load presets from some VSTs because of some bug they still haven't fixed. Other DAWs have a lot of tips and tricks video tutorials but they seem lacking for Acid.. Extremely disappointed in the lack of communication from Magix. I went through that with Sony and hoped Magix would be different.