Acid Pro a home app ?

Babis wrote on 1/3/2017, 8:41 AM

I noticed Acid Pro is under the "home use" tab on the Magix website. Really? I 've recorded/produced over 10 albums and at least 30 singles and remixes on Acid Pro the last decade alone. I guess if you bought FL you 'd put it under the home apps as well ? Why is Acid Pro a home app? Because its old and 32bit? Would you consider Fairlight a keyboard for home use? There's a Greek saying, " if you don't speak well of your home, the roof will fall on your head" and this explains why AcidPro was tagged a home app and Samplitude the pro choice. Ah well, i may as well be speaking to myself hehe.

Happy new year

Comments

browj2 wrote on 1/16/2017, 12:26 PM

Look at the Magix-audio.com site.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

david-taylor wrote on 1/25/2017, 3:50 PM

Babis I produced 10 originals with Acid, got the copy rights registered and used a combination of my vocals, lyrics, bass and percussion instruments with Sony sound loops library and various drummers using drum core. Putting it under the home tab may be a slight or it may show how and where you can take advantage of the software without needing big facilities and budget. Everyting sounds great to me even though I am a novice. I run the final mix thru Ozone 7 to polish up the mastering end but most of the work was done in Acid.

Babis wrote on 1/26/2017, 4:33 AM

Babis I produced 10 originals with Acid, got the copy rights registered and used a combination of my vocals, lyrics, bass and percussion instruments with Sony sound loops library and various drummers using drum core. Putting it under the home tab may be a slight or it may show how and where you can take advantage of the software without needing big facilities and budget. Everyting sounds great to me even though I am a novice. I run the final mix thru Ozone 7 to polish up the mastering end but most of the work was done in Acid.

I hear you my friend. I have to say though that for home use though, there is Acid Music Studio. Rarely a home user can handle myriads of options and settings (or has need for more than 20-25 audio/midi ch.), and Acid Pro isn't short of them. Furthermore, a daw that can do unlimited audio and midi tracks both with editing etc, vst/vsti support and support for pro major hardware controllers is NOT a home app whatsoever. Surely AP is more user friendly on first encounter than ie Cubase or Sonar, but the ease of use only means better GUI and more streamlined operation not less capability. Of course the years have passed and AP has some known limitations against today's modern daw soft. This doesn't mean there aren't ways to overcome them. And definitely doesn't make AP home soft. The last track i recorded, programmed and mixed on Acid Pro has a little over 80 audio ch. @24bit / 120 vst fx + 12 vstis, all of them done using Jbridge and Nyrv Agent with Acid Pro 7e under Win7 64bit. (This combination works almost identically with Win8, 8.1 and 10 x64 and Windows Server 2012 as well). I do use my Tascam DM4800 mixer for automation recording and various mixer control parameters (not just volume as some would think). I also use a couple of Novation Nocturn controllers for synth and fx tweaking, and more which is needless to mention at this point. Now if the good people at Magix think this is typical home use, and all Acid Pro users are home users, imho, they need to think "outside their ecosystem" on this one.

Cheers

PS: Just to be clear. Home use for music software means amateur/semi-pro or limited software. Many in the music industry have "home" studios that sometimes are equipped better and cost even more than many commercial studios. They are still professional studios capable of delivering professional services and should not be considered "home" studios. Peter Gabriel's home studio or Jean Michel Jarre's home studio are not the studios you come across everyday. So, friends at Magix need to do their homework about what is intended for home use and what not. You can record and mix 256 hardware channels of full blown Pro Tools at home. This doesn't mean PT is a home app and it also means your home includes a pro studio facility. With all that said, i still believe there is more future with Magix than there ever was with Sony the past years, i just hope i'm not wrong.