Acid Pro 9 Video Tutorials

Nicholas-Sheppard wrote on 11/12/2019, 8:57 AM

I've taken the plunge and bought Acid Pro 9. Now I need to get my head around this DAW and how to use all the elements.

Sadly, apart from a huge PDF manual, there are very little in the way of online tutorials. Are they hidden somewhere online?

Magix - you need to come out with a small library of videos to support this. A basic overview video (basic controls, views etc) and then a short video per function? Maybe even an advanced section later on.

I'd also add that possibly due to AP8 only becoming available last year, sites/magazines such as Sound on Sound, MusicTech and Computer Music have nothing about Acid Pro apart from news of the 8 and Next launches.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/15/2019, 8:44 AM

Hi,

You might want to start with the Magix tutorials on the Magix.com site and then the ones done by professionals. The latter are probably for other versions, like 8, but these should help you greatly.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 11/15/2019, 10:09 PM

I've taken the plunge and bought Acid Pro 9. Now I need to get my head around this DAW and how to use all the elements.

Sadly, apart from a huge PDF manual, there are very little in the way of online tutorials. Are they hidden somewhere online?

Magix - you need to come out with a small library of videos to support this. A basic overview video (basic controls, views etc) and then a short video per function? Maybe even an advanced section later on.

I'd also add that possibly due to AP8 only becoming available last year, sites/magazines such as Sound on Sound, MusicTech and Computer Music have nothing about Acid Pro apart from news of the 8 and Next launches.

Tutorials for ACID Pro 7 are largely relevant to ACID Pro 9. The only thing that has changed, is the addition (and removal) of some Plugins and 3rd party content, the default color scheme of the DAW, and a few feature additions. But ACID Pro 9 is 95% ACID Pro 7.

Anything written for that version is more than likely to work without any additional effort in the latest version.

Probably not as well produced, given the age of the older version (re: YouTube content), but still totally valid to the current version.