Acid pro 9 new install won't run

anthony-james wrote on 5/25/2019, 5:39 PM

I just upgraded to Acid pro 9 and I haven't been able to get the program to start after the installation finished... It comes up with an error code: - 57 and it won't allow me to add my serial number and complete the install...

I emailed tech support but haven't been impressed by the urgency of the response so far so I thought I would post here to see if I can get some help.

Tech support suggested it was a communication error with the magix server but I have heaps of other Magix software on the same machine without any installation issues (Acid pro 7 and 8, Vegas Pro 14 and 16, Xara Web designer, various Magix VSTs etc)

Any ideas?

Comments

sheppo wrote on 6/7/2019, 5:14 AM

@anthony-james - has Support helped to resolve this issue for you now?

anthony-james wrote on 6/7/2019, 5:01 PM

@sheppo

Gday mate.... I have not heard back from tech support after I installed and ran the syscheck.exe application they sent me.

I have only received a further email stating that I would need to create a new ticket to pursue this problem further. Awesome...

I have already wasted enough of my time trying to get this resolved and won't be upgrading any of my Magix software in future if this is how I am to be rewarded.

I noticed a new version of ACID Pro9 has just been released... I will try to install and run this version later today but if I have further issues I will be requesting a refund and will put the money towards upgrading my Ableton live licence instead . Cheers.

anthony-james wrote on 6/8/2019, 12:12 AM

Installed ACID Pro version 9.0.1.24 and same problem persists so I am giving up on using Acid pro as my primary DAW.

ACID Pro is also not working properly with Perfect Drums v1.6.0 which I purchased this week but is working perfectly in Ableton live 10 lite so I will upgrade to Ableton live standard as they have a discount price on upgrades running until Tuesday. Cheers.

Taurus_1911 wrote on 6/10/2019, 8:07 AM

There's good news.

I'm kidding, there isn't. ACID is rife with problems, intermittent malfunctions, and incompatibility issues.

Other than that it's fabulous.

anthony-james wrote on 6/10/2019, 9:27 AM

Actually for what I am using it for it has been fantastic.... MUCH better than Ableton and it still has the best workflow of any DAW so hopefully Magix can sort out the problems in the near future.

I will be using Acid Pro8 for recording, editing and exporting guitar stems and I am very pleased with the results and had very few stability issues.

I have given up trying to use it as a MIDI sequencer as it currently has too many bugs, limitations and issues...

I just upgraded to Ableton 10 standard today and will use that until Acid is stable...but I won't be so quick to upgrade my next Acid Pro license in the future.

Helio wrote on 6/11/2019, 2:42 AM

It keeps crashing for me as well!

anthony-james wrote on 6/11/2019, 5:26 AM

Mine won't even run after installation... Just keeps returning an error message.

anthony-james wrote on 6/17/2019, 5:48 AM

I have just received a refund from Magix for Acid Pro 9...

Hopefully they can sort out all of the issues in the future...At present it has far too many problems and requires too many compromises to get it to work properly.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/17/2019, 6:56 AM

There's good news.

I'm kidding, there isn't. ACID is rife with problems, intermittent malfunctions, and incompatibility issues.

Other than that it's fabulous.

Are we all just kidding about trying to rekindle our love for the most innovative peace of music software ?

To think all the other version have been hassle free .No loading probs going right back to my p2 500mhz computer with the infamous sound Blaster awe32 with sf2 soundcard.

Acid 7 had problems but that was we all moved to 64 bit machines.

We are loyal some would say stupid wanting to Acid top be at the top of the Daw market ,But instead 8. came out when the bugs were ironed out they launched 9 and 9 next

Both of which are flawed ffrom the minute of installation.How can Magix release a new product that again doesnt do what it says on the box.

Someone should be fired over the release of 9.How can a product in the audio world not load export edit *.mp3 files.Yup magix new about it but put it out for release anyway.The reason being somebody forgot to pay the licence fee for MP3 Support.....Really no Mp3 licence thats a school boy error.The best bit magix have posted in forum not to worry Acid Users a patch will be released soon.

Soon what the f,,...,?Why not fix it instantly?

So my question is are we that Stupid for letting this sort of problems in a release to retail market,,,,,?I have maschine and Acid 8 and reason so i can keep making music but i have to tell i feel mugged .Why did we have pay for a product to become the beta testers ......

Magix are you even bothered about us Acid user's ?Are you even bothered that Both Computer Music ,Future Music plus other magazines and press have not said a word about your Product.?Why is that ?Is Acid just a dead end ?

FIX IT MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN PLEASE >PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT SAKE YOUR PRODUCT MANAGER BECAUSE THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WITH THE FIRST ACID ?DOES THE MANAGER USE Music MAker AND NOT CARE ABOUT US ACID LOYAL USERS.

anthony-james wrote on 6/17/2019, 8:10 AM

I am very disappointed with the latest version of ACID Pro 9...I cant believe they released such a poorly tested product after they had made such good progress with version 8 that was finally working well for me...I will continue to use AP8 for now as there are a few specific tasks I think it excels at...

However the complete lack of concern from Magix for users having issues with this software has left with a bad lasting impression of how this company operates...

I will no longer support software companies that force me to register online or make my life harder with draconian rules and regulations just so I can use software that I paid for ...

I would not have had this issue if Acid pro 8 had retained the challenge / response registration of previous versions of the software...

I still have no idea what the problem is with version 9 not installing properly on my PC as Magix never bothered contacting me after I ran the syscheck software they sent me...they just couldn't care less it seems.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/17/2019, 12:45 PM

I am very disappointed with the latest version of ACID Pro 9...I cant believe they released such a poorly tested product after they had made such good progress with version 8 that was finally working well for me...I will continue to use AP8 for now as there are a few specific tasks I think it excels at...

However the complete lack of concern from Magix for users having issues with this software has left with a bad lasting impression of how this company operates...

I will no longer support software companies that force me to register online or make my life harder with draconian rules and regulations just so I can use software that I paid for ...

I would not have had this issue if Acid pro 8 had retained the challenge / response registration of previous versions of the software...

I still have no idea what the problem is with version 9 not installing properly on my PC as Magix never bothered contacting me after I ran the syscheck software they sent me...they just couldn't care less it seems.

Mate i feel your pain......

I have had lots of probs with 8 but i have to admit the support guys were great,even gave me access to 8.08 month before release.

Acid 9 i have 365 29.99 installed it on my machine when it came out but the lake off mp3 was ajoke,I Have spent a day on ver 9 had it installed on my spare machine worked great ONCE. after a reboot its broken

The mp3 thing now works so i decided to install 365 on my main machine to only find it does not load.

20% loading then crash.

WHAT THE HECK.IM SO GLAD I KEPT 8 ON THE MACHINE BECAUSE I WOULD BE SO SCREAMING /////////./I WANT TO GO TO MAGIX HEADOFFICE AND JUMP OF THE ROOF .........]#

sheppo wrote on 6/17/2019, 2:27 PM

@LooneyBinJim - that sounds like a problem support will help you with, especially considering you're an active 365 subscriber.

sheppo wrote on 6/19/2019, 2:38 PM

@Former user - this isn't a support forum, rather one run by a community of other owners of the product. Whilst Magix staff do sometimes look here, it's unlikely they will respond to your multiple threads moaning about subjective issues. If you have genuine concerns please direct them at support.

Former user wrote on 6/19/2019, 4:09 PM

@Former user - this isn't a support forum, rather one run by a community of other owners of the product. Whilst Magix staff do sometimes look here, it's unlikely they will respond to your multiple threads moaning about subjective issues. If you have genuine concerns please direct them at support.

"moaning"? up until this point, i respected you to be a proper representative of Magix. I already know Magix could careless about what a paying customer is asking for.

Sheppo, i believe you are closely connected to Magix, be professional!

A proper reply would have been to simply link me to support forum since i am not getting anything from anyone at Magix. I am frustrated just as anyone here! Trying to be heard!!

johnebaker wrote on 6/19/2019, 4:46 PM

@Former user

Hi

None of the Moderators here are Magix employees.

There is not a support forum as such. If you look at the bottom of every page of the forum there is a Contact link - this will take you to where you can report an issue to Support. You will also find a link to the Community rules - please read them.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mmcswnavy24 wrote on 6/19/2019, 4:49 PM

@Former user O.K., now you are resorting to the typical "Cry Wolf" or "School Bully" tactic. If you have paid any attention to the forums, you will notice that the "M" in the contribution circle for @sheppo signifies him as a Moderator. The actual Magix staff has the "Magix" logo in that spot. But, from what I have seen in the majority of your posts, is a lot of complaining, not responding correctly to asked information, and now that you are "Being Called Out" on this, it is time to "Cry Wolf", or act like the School Bully who is always hitting someone smaller, until they get "clocked".

Nope, I'm not a Magix employee, am not a Moderator - or for that matter, don't want to be one, due to all of the continuous flack I see on all the Magix forums, and at the Vegas Pro/Movie Studio forums as well. It is a continuing effect of the "entitlement" mentality, bread by who knows, but is affluent on the Internet.

You were asked to "Contact Support", which the link is at the bottom of every forum page, but even then, you feel "entitled" to have someone actually put a link in the forum for you.

Oh, and why did you jump in and "Hi-jack" this forum posting from the OP? That's right, you just want to complain!

System #1:AMD 3960X, MSI TRX40 Pro WiFi, 128GB TeamGroup DDR4, Inland 2 TB NVME OS/Apps, Inland 2TB NVME Docs/Media Assets, 2 - PNY 4TB NVME Source Drives, Intel 2TB NVME Scratch for all programs, Intel 2TB NVME for general usage/transcoding, WD Red 2TB for renders, WD Elements 6TB for back-ups, Sapphire RX 6900 XT (AMD Pro 23.Q.3), VEGAS Pro 20 Edit (411)/VEGAS Pro 18 (527) & 19 (651) Edit, Davinci Resolve basic 18.6.3, Canon DPP4, Acid Music Studio 11, Sound Forge Audio Studio 15, SmartSound SonicFire Pro 6

System #2: AMD 2950X, Asus ROG Strix X399-E Gaming, 64GB Corsair 2666MHz LPX, Intel 750 800GB OS/Apps, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB Source, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB Source, (2) Intel 660p 2TB Source, Scratch & Media Assets, (2) Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB Lightroom/PhotoShop and other, (2) WD Red 2TB Render/Backup, WD Black 4TB Various, XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT; Vegas Pro 20 Edit (411), Acid Music Studio 11, DaVinci Resolve 18 Basic, Canon R6/R6MkII/R7, Sony FDR AX-53, GoPro Hero 5, 6, & (2) 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 Black

Former user wrote on 6/19/2019, 6:55 PM

@Former user

Hi

None of the Moderators here are Magix employees.

There is not a support forum as such. If you look at the bottom of every page of the forum there is a Contact link - this will take you to where you can report an issue to Support. You will also find a link to the Community rules - please read them.

John EB

Forum Moderator

Great. Thank you.

Frankensnyder wrote on 9/17/2019, 2:09 PM

God damn it Magix Stuff, please sort that bull...t out, we all paid for it and litarly got betrayled!!!!! I know folks they do not wait long and sue Companys like magix. I starts with the VST 32/ 64 bit bridge in Version Acid Pro 8, well this damn thing does crash all the time and won't work, so that i call FRAUD! Then again, i was so naiv in thinking my favorite DAW will be fixed in Version 9, ha ha it still has no 32/64 bit bridge and crashes with most modern plug ins like addictive drums for example, hmmm. So i thought good it is fall 2019 now there realy should be MAJOR, a happy update what fixes the bridge and surprises me with an good old Acid Pro 7 desingn with bright Project fields/area and not the dark stuff for the blind.

I bet the lough about us, the update stops because it will install microsoft visual wich is already installed on my maschine.... So i could not even update the dead body in my maschine, then i still have to use my good old Acid Pro 7 wich runs perfectly!!!!!! PERFECT! This is an ancient Program and it only runs perfect, because it had clever programmers and not Id...ts who just make it worse.

I have an Idea :-) why don't you give Acid Pro real quick back to Sony????!!!!! Then Sony knows how to make good software and the same time they know about how to make money, but still giving the custumer a damn good service, no la la lallaa later, la lalal.

sheppo wrote on 9/17/2019, 4:05 PM

@Frankensnyder click the "contact" link at the bottom of this page, and raise a support ticket with Magix. That is the correct way to log your concerns with Magix. As multiple moderators have said in this thread already - this is a community support forum only.

Frankensnyder wrote on 10/18/2019, 8:53 AM

Hi Sheppo, when i go to the contact link you advised, then it just gives me a roundabout and the "best" on the end it tells me that my last registered/bought software is to old to give me free support assistance and i have to pay for a ticket € 13 bucks?! My last Software and the software i need urgent help with cause it hangs up on installation with Microsoft visual C ++ redistrubutable is Acid Pro 9 bought this spring!

I realy deeply woould appreciate when somebody couold help. The first i could install it, but then it would'nt up date, it took me so much time and as you can see i still love the program and i still would love to work with it, but the software does not even install, on a new set up 64 bit Windows 7 engine, what can i do?

Thank you Frankensnyder