Acid Pro 9 issues

Former user wrote on 5/13/2019, 7:19 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I've been having some issues with the new Acid Pro 9 and was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems. Here we go...

I've begun to have 'cracking' noise when play begins...? (doesn't do that in AP8) When play begins anywhere in the song there's a second or two delay (doesn't do that in AP8) AP9 seems to crash for no reason....(no problems with AP8) The 32bit bridge is questionable at best, no 32bit plugin will allow a song to render properly (stutters, just un-listenable) remove the 32 bit plugin and all is well...(Lexicon Native Reverb)? Just so you know, I use an RME Multiface II audio interface, Windows 10 64bit, 32 G Ram and an ASUS motherboard and AMD Processor, All drives are SSD. One last thought, the sound problems I am having do not occur with any other audio programs I use.

Thanks and would love to hear any of your thoughts.

Comments

mellotronworker wrote on 5/16/2019, 11:58 AM

Can you post an example of the sound?

Former user wrote on 5/16/2019, 5:23 PM

I'll see what I can do, thanks for your thoughts.

Mayacuda wrote on 10/24/2019, 10:03 AM

Same problem here... Acid pro 9 can use many of VST32 plugins now again, but when I have VST32 plugins as a master plugins (in my case its all Sonitus FX plugins). It works ok, but after rendering a final audiofile isnt useful, because is full of crackling sounds... (no problem, it I turn VST32 plugins on master plugin off) so Im using Acid pro 7 again, because my VST32 plugins were not cheap and I want to use them. I upgraded two times to Acid pro 9 and still this basic ability dont working properly:/

Former user wrote on 10/25/2019, 5:21 PM
  1. Don't worry...
  2. Remove 32-Bit Sonitus VSTs
  3. Install Cakewalk by BandLab (Base DAW, Add-Ons not necessary)
  4. Use the 64-Bit DirectX Sonitus:FX Cakewalk adds and registers on your system in ACID Pro 8/9.
  5. … Be Happy ;-)

Sonitus:FX are completely unnecessary and redundant in ACID Pro 8/9. MAGIX eFX along with ACID's native DirectX Plugins cover everything. You don't need to use those, at all.

Sonitus are a set of base plugins you expect DAWs to ship with out of the box, these days. They serve this function in SONAR/Cakewalk by BandLab. ExpressFX served this function in Sound Forge, and have been largely superceded by MAGIX essentialFX.