ACID Pro 8 Suite is out!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 11/20/2018, 12:58 AM

Dear community,

As of yesterday we released ACID Pro 8 Suite. Let us know what you think about the newest member of our ACID product familly.

This edition of ACID Pro contains additional Instruments, loops and effects.

Here a little overview:

• Orchestral Ensemble
  • Pop Brass
  • Power Guitar
  • Century Guitar
  • Soundtrack Percussion
  • String Ensemble
  • Bass Machine
  • Upright Bass
  • Century Keys
  • Saxophonia
  • Space Pad
  • Vibraphone
  • Vintage Effects Suite (ECOX, FILTOX, CORVEX)
  • VariVerb II
  • Vandal
  • Analogue Modelling Suite (AM|MUNITION, AM|PULSE, AM|TRACK, AM|PHIBIA)

You can find all the information here → https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro-suite/

Best regards
Mathias

Comments

Matt-Francis wrote on 11/20/2018, 6:20 AM

Any updates when the awful dark UI will be patched?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 11/22/2018, 7:36 AM

Hi @Matt-Francis,

Thanks for your feedback. An alternative white/light UI is very important to us and we are working on that right now. Unfortunately, we can't say when we are ready to release it, yet.

Djronrella wrote on 11/22/2018, 7:51 AM

Awesomeness

I know it will get done!!

I'm glad that was my first beta tester idea!! I asked for!!!

frank18 wrote on 11/22/2018, 10:55 PM

+1

jocker-boy wrote on 11/25/2018, 8:41 AM

So Acid Pro 8 fell from the PRO version to the basic one? It is not a bit of a ferret for older users of this DAW and older version 7. In the announcement before switching from Acid Pro7 to Pro 8, you provided full support of 9 gb samples, new instruments and plugs, and you have to do an upgrade again. In addition, until now the lack of stability in the Acid Pro 8 version, all the errors have not been resolved, and there is already a "new" Suite option. Is it also so unstable? I did not even get info on my email about the new version :( It may be a shame it was cheaper on Black Friday :) It's nice that you are doing something newer but do not forget about us.
  greetings

Sean-Weyers wrote on 11/28/2018, 11:57 PM

Seriously??? I'm pretty sure I paid about $400 for Acid PRO 3, then hundreds more in upgrades all the way up to v7, and now v8. So, now ACID Pro is downgraded to a basic version, and I paid $100 for an upgrade that I thought was for the 'real' Pro version. Between this, the awful UI, all the bugs, only ONE patch since April, that did not address many folks' concerns, a release that should have been delayed a year, and now THIS... I'm done with Acid and I will never buy a MAGIX product ever again. I hope I can sell my license to this disaster.

mjn wrote on 11/29/2018, 10:39 AM

>So, now ACID Pro is downgraded to a basic version<

I haven't upgraded from PRO 7 yet, because of all of the problems I read about here. But the difference is just in the amount of content, right? The software itself has the same features according to the comparison chart.

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro/version-comparison/#c943663

frank18 wrote on 11/29/2018, 11:04 PM

Newest beta is much more stable; hope they release it soon.

vokulsky1 wrote on 11/30/2018, 4:11 PM

Hello,

I installed Acid Pro 365. The problem is that there are also samples that can not be "dragged" to the path for editing and are in "Ogg" format. What to do so that they can be edited after "dragging" onto paths?

emmrecs wrote on 12/2/2018, 9:53 AM

@ShawnMH

Welcome to the Magix forums.

As you say, your post is really nothing to do with this thread. Hence I have hidden it.

Please start a new thread with your question, where other users who may not be interested in this thread will almost certainly be able to offer assistance to you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

LooneyBinJim wrote on 12/7/2018, 12:57 PM

Dear community,

As of yesterday we released ACID Pro 8 Suite. Let us know what you think about the newest member of our ACID product familly.

This edition of ACID Pro contains additional Instruments, loops and effects.

Here a little overview:

• Orchestral Ensemble
  • Pop Brass
  • Power Guitar
  • Century Guitar
  • Soundtrack Percussion
  • String Ensemble
  • Bass Machine
  • Upright Bass
  • Century Keys
  • Saxophonia
  • Space Pad
  • Vibraphone
  • Vintage Effects Suite (ECOX, FILTOX, CORVEX)
  • VariVerb II
  • Vandal
  • Analogue Modelling Suite (AM|MUNITION, AM|PULSE, AM|TRACK, AM|PHIBIA)

You can find all the information here → https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro-suite/

Best regards
Mathias

I have 1 thing to ask the Acid Pro Suite sounds like a good thing.

As a long time user as most of us are who purchased 8.0

To find out in 6 months there is a suite version with added content .Gutted

My question is how much are u going to charge us to buy the suite as a upgrade .Just the extras for us to use at a super low upgrade price ?

So My AcidPro 8 I upgraded from 7 as I did from 6.

Is it possible that acid 8 pro c. Be upgraded to acid pro 8 suite?

Its a kick in the teeth to think

robertNC wrote on 12/11/2018, 1:16 PM

The suite marketing is similar to Samplitude - they have 'plain' version that is cheaper than the suite version, but it does not have the mastering plugins or Vandal, etc, as far as I remember. The core programs will be the same, so ACID users that keep non-suite version will probably get the same upgrades for the core program

Sean-Weyers wrote on 12/12/2018, 7:25 AM

This is a "kick in the teeth", at the very least... it's more like something that rhymes with "kick", but going somewhere else. After this, and the fact that the program is basically unusable, I'm going to be looking into legal options, perhaps class action if enough people are interested, in order to get my money back.

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 12/26/2018, 1:13 PM

I have to questions about Acid Pr 8 Suite. #1 The 9 gigs of loops in Acid Pro Suite are they the same loops that come with Acid Pro 8? #2 When I turn off Acid Pro 8 a Splash Screen pops up and says I can Upgrade for $99.00, on the Website it says $199.00. Which is the correct price?

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 12/26/2018, 8:24 PM

Well I Went & Upgraded To Acid Suite. I Saw it Was Still $99 Till 12/26/18 However I"m Very Disappointed With The 9 gigs of Loops . They're The Same Loops That Came With Acid, Sounds like False Advertising to Me.

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 12/29/2018, 4:57 PM

Why Is it That I Can't Render aTrack to Mp3 In Acid Suite? I Shouldn't Have To Use Another Program To Convert Wave to Mp3.

Sean-Weyers wrote on 1/10/2019, 5:58 AM

I agree... this whole thing reeks of false advertising... first off, advertising and selling a non-functional piece of software.

Teles wrote on 1/12/2019, 4:25 PM

The additional instruments and content of Acid Suite don't seem worth it to me. I already rely on VSTs for instruments and mastering. I think many other users would too. Acid is not 'non-functional', it is brilliant at taking your original stems from other sources and crafting a song. It is awkward at hosting plugins with long delays to open and odd looking windows with black rectangles in unused areas. Also the icons need an update, they look terrible in 2019. But the guts of Acid work and work well. I will be that sucker who will gladly pay for the next version because manipulating audio is fast and intuitive. I much prefer it to doing the same tasks in Ableton Live.