Acid pro 8 hangs when scanning izotope plug ins

rohan-rowe wrote on 5/5/2018, 2:52 AM

I just recently downloaded acid pro 8 demo to test out and I'm having a problem when I start up the program it hang up when it scans certain izotope plug ins like denoise or rx-hum...what should I do

Comments

william-buck wrote on 5/7/2018, 6:14 AM

Have you tried doing a "force Rebuild" from the VST Configuration dialog and rescanning? Make sure you have the proper 64bit plugin paths selected (AP8 will only use 64 bit plugins natively). I am able to scan and use all of my Izotope 64bit plugins.

rrichard63 wrote on 5/10/2018, 8:52 PM

I am having the same problem wiith VEGAS Pro 14 Edit.

emmrecs wrote on 5/11/2018, 4:18 AM

@rrichard63

Please post your question to the dedicated Vegas forum here.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rrichard63 wrote on 5/11/2018, 12:36 PM

@rrichard63

Please post your question to the dedicated Vegas forum here.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

First, it was not a question, it was a comment. Second, the purpose was to point out that Acid Pro is not the only Magix product that seems to have a problem with some Izotope plugins. In my personal opinion, that comment is more relevant here and less relevant in the Vegas forum.

All DAWs have problems with some plugins. And all plugins have problems with some DAWs. I doubt that there are very many exceptions to this.

emmrecs wrote on 5/11/2018, 4:50 PM

All DAWs have problems with some plugins. And all plugins have problems with some DAWs. I doubt that there are very many exceptions to this.

Very true, but still not really a defence to make to your comment on Vegas Pro in a thread entitled Acid pro 8 hangs when scanning izotope plug ins.  (My bolding.)

I accept your view that your post was a comment rather than a question but, in view of what I wrote in the previous sentence, I still believe it is a comment more suited to the Vegas Pro forum.😀😀

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rrichard63 wrote on 5/11/2018, 5:22 PM

... in view of what I wrote in the previous sentence, I still believe it is a comment more suited to the Vegas Pro forum.😀😀

Let me rephrase my comment. In my opinion, it would be helpful to both Magix users and Magix developers to be aware of the fact that a given problem affects multiple products. Is there a forum devoted to issues that affect more than one Magix product? If so then, that would be an appropriate place for this comment.

By the way, I have a hypothesis about the problem itself, based on experience with a non-Magix host. It's just a hypothesis at this point. Most (maybe all) Izotope plugins consist of two .DLL files. One is a VST format plugin and the other is not, but must be located in the same directory as the first. My guess is that some DAWs don't know what to do with files that have a .DLL extension but are not VSTs.

shintobi wrote on 5/30/2018, 6:08 AM

Hi rohan-rowe,

have you found a solution? And thank you guys for the suggestions.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

rohan-rowe wrote on 5/31/2018, 8:22 AM

Hey guys I definitely found a solution and the problem was it was scanning the 32 bit version of the plugins so mostly I just redirected every 64 bit plugins to program files > Vstplugins and it definitely worked.. thank ya for all your support and appreciation