Acid Pro 7 - input monitoring suddenly stops

t-fa wrote on 1/13/2017, 10:08 AM

I use Acid Pro 7 with a Creative SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion soundcard. My PC runs Windows 7, has 8GB RAM and an Intel i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz processor. I am usually able to record some audio tracks and monitor them with no problems. However, in most projects, when setting up a new audio track, or returning to an existing one, suddenly I am unable to monitor while recording, although the track does record. Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

Babis wrote on 1/14/2017, 12:25 PM

Hi and happy new year,

Have you checked if real time input monitoring for your track(s) is enabled? Either press Alt+3 or go to the View menu on top and select the Mixing Console. On the left of each track fader and underneath the red "Arm Record" button, is the button that enables/disables input monitoring. You 'll know when its enabled, because it will light orange when enabled. (If you can't see the button try making your mixing console window taller by dragging it from the top) . Hope this is the case and not some crazy bug.

Cheers

t-fa wrote on 1/15/2017, 2:24 PM

Thanks Babis, but it happens despite the input monitoring being enabled (Is it orange? I'm colourblind).

Babis wrote on 1/17/2017, 3:34 AM

@t-fa

You 're welcome. The only thing i can think of, is double check the settings of the card in comparison with Acid's preferences. Also, does this happen when you make a new project ?

Anyway, i do remember a similar situation happening to me in one song some years ago. I got away with it by exporting everything to new files ( audio and midi), starting a new project with a different name and import /dragging in the old files to the new project created. Later, after a thorough inspection it turned out i had some files corrupted in hd, and shortly after the hd died.
Thankfully, i do back up my projects hd frequently.

Cheers

Babis wrote on 1/17/2017, 3:41 AM

Buying Sony's Acid and not informing the users of the sofware about any plans/updates is not very professional.

Funny as it may seem, i doubt they really know what to do with it, hence they tagged it a home app. We all understand that it's Vegas what they wanted in the first place anyway. Hell, even Sony "stalled to death" the development of both Sound Forge and Acid to maintain Vegas new versions regularly. No x64 SoundForge is definitely a drawback for serious editors who have invested and same stands for Acid too and music creators/remixers etc. The first x64 Vegas release gave Acid and Sf users a huge hope that we would see x64 versions of the other Sony apps as well. It never happened. Instead, "someone" in Sony noticed the demise of Bias Peak for the MacOSX platform and they hurried to make a Mac SF to make a quick buck from the OSX community. Shame ,shame and more shame imho. Cheers

TONY-GARCIA wrote on 2/21/2022, 5:23 PM

i been doing music for decades, and never had this problem, now i am having this problem that i cannot turn on the monitor mode for the vocal track, any help out there?i have acid pro suite 10

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2022, 4:04 AM

@TONY-GARCIA

Although you are experiencing a similar problem to that of the OP you are clearly using a much later version of the program, and this thread is over five years old!

Please do not resurrect such old threads or post with problems experienced in a different version of the program. Rather, please start a new thread with your question, including details of your Acid version and your computer hardware.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam