Acid Pro 5 - Track EQ Direct X

Clint-Calice wrote on 6/21/2022, 8:00 AM

My issue is that I previously used Acid Pro 5. I recently bought Acid Pro 10 and when I launch Fruity Studio and open old projects that use Sony Track EQ - it can't find the plugin. I don't know if I need to track down an old version of Acid Pro 5 to get it to work - or if there is another way. I have Fruity Studio pointing to the right place for all of the plugins. I'm not sure if Magix has older versions available for download? I know that Image Line has old versions available for download. I think going back to 8 or so.

I also wonder if anyone has any experience installing multiple versions of Acid Pro? Do all versions use the same version of the direct x Track EQ? So many questions. I apologize.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/21/2022, 8:20 AM

@Clint-Calice You can download your registered products from your user account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center (use your old Sony login credentials). I don't know how far you can go back for downloads, but it's worth a try.

sheppo wrote on 6/21/2022, 4:01 PM

I also wonder if anyone has any experience installing multiple versions of Acid Pro? Do all versions use the same version of the direct x Track EQ? So many questions. I apologize.

I have multiple versions of AP and AMS installed, but all recent - as in Magix-era. They all work just fine. AP5 is ancient though, so may not be the same.

A couple of things on the direct-x plugins.

• Does FL still support them? I've never seen another DAW that does other than Acid and Vegas.
  • direct-x plugins are registered at the system level - I see them listed in autoruns as filters.
  • I have Acid, Vegas and Soundforge (trial) installed and have the direct-x filters in the following folders
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\VEGAS\Shared Plug-Ins
    • C:\program files (x86)\sound forge shared plug-ins
  • In your instance though it will be looking for the AP5 version, which specifically references SONY, and not MAGIX in the name.
Clint-Calice wrote on 6/22/2022, 7:49 AM

I learned a little more about the issue yesterday. So - I use 3 versions of FL Studio. v10 (32 bit) and v20 (32 bit) v20 (64 bit). The AP5 worked with v10. I think it also worked with v20 (32 bit) but I only recently realized I could launch it in 32 bit mode.

I think the bigger issue is finding a version of AP or AMS that has a 32bit version of the plugins.

I can't remember which program - it might be Reaper - but it would give me a signature number of a plugin that was missing and when I googled that number it would usually tell me which plugin it was. FL Studio just throws an error often saying that the plugin wrapper failed to do something.