Acid pro 10 will not install

Computer-Services wrote on 7/9/2021, 11:36 AM

i have a new HP ProBook with windows 10 and i am trying to install Acid Pro 10. When i click the install button, a window pops up and says what it is going to install and says it is downloading. then it starts install for about 3-5 seconds and either pauses or just stops all together. it does nothing else after that. i have waited 30 minutes, and several hours but nothing happens. What do i need to do to get this to install?

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/9/2021, 1:06 PM

My guess is that your security is either blocking access to the folder it is trying to download too or blocking the download itself.

Computer-Services wrote on 7/12/2021, 1:32 PM

it downloaded fine and the security is not blocking it either. we removed the security and it is still doing the same thing, pausing after about 3 seconds of trying to install.

emmrecs wrote on 7/13/2021, 4:25 AM

@Computer-Services

Have you checked the setting for Windows Protected Folders? See this page for the M$ article about this.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Computer-Services wrote on 7/13/2021, 2:12 PM

this did not work either. problem is still there.

Rednroll wrote on 7/13/2021, 6:57 PM

I ran across this which seems it may be the same problem you're experiencing. Seems to do with the different versions of M$ C++ redistribution versions current installed on your system. Acid's installer checks to see which are installed on your system, then provides you a list of the ones which Acid will need to install for you. There seems to be a bug in the installer if you have newer versions installed of these packages than the ones built into the Acid installer. Acid will just sit there and do nothing, unable to complete the install or exit out of the install.

What I had to do was uninstall all installed M$C++ redistribution packs from my system, then run the Acid installer as admin. Then Acid identified they were missing, and installed the versions it liked. Afterwards I installed the other versions for programs which needed them but Acid wouldn't complete the installation with them originally installed.

Computer-Services wrote on 7/14/2021, 4:39 PM

thank you for the suggestion and taking the time to let me know.

sheppo wrote on 7/16/2021, 6:26 AM

Assuming that solved it, this solution was already in the FAQ. And is a known problem with the free redistributable software from Microsoft.