Acid Pro 10 - Updates installed, now requires but will not re-register

deejay-D wrote on 7/30/2022, 7:31 PM

WHY DID I "UPDATE" - Been using this for years, paid good $$, now I don't see all the add - ons or anything else I spent years getting!!!! And I just read because of no internet for a month I now have basically a new install but need to start paying a monthly fee????

Comments

Former user wrote on 7/31/2022, 10:10 AM

@deejay-D, sorry to tell you this but no one who works for Magix is on this forum, it's just users. The moderators don't even work for Magix. Sadly your problem is with MAGIX. Best of luck to you.

Djronrella wrote on 7/31/2022, 10:22 AM

@deejay-D

Did you sign into your account and see if your download is there?

it also will have your registration number (serial)!!

deejay-D wrote on 7/31/2022, 8:31 PM

Thank you guys, I'm still working on it - online it is registered w/ serial, same comp name, last update feb. - Acid program is requesting serial for online registration like a new install, (at start the 'welcome' box) but "cannot access internet"... ugh... Trying to find the exe file of the box, Acid and all the mods, etc. have had firewall permissions and still do... Next I'll call the 800 # and ask, and lastly - hoping not, (because of all the work I'll have backing up the files Magix and 3rd parties spread across many folders to be safe-) it may need a clean re-install, maybe has a new version... Wish they just tell me that is what's up!

SP. wrote on 8/1/2022, 5:17 AM

@deejay-D You can usually get a clean re-install if you use a free uninstaller like Revo which will also delete all leftover registry values. After that reinstall ACID.

You can find the EXE file by right clicking on the program icon shortcut and then on 'find target' or 'open path' (I'm not sure how it is called in the English version of Windows).

deejay-D wrote on 5/14/2023, 9:16 PM

Wow the forum is buggy too!!! The box I'm typing in has this at top -

k y V M C B A W Y , _ - k=bold y=italic V=underline If I hover on them --- ??? The rest is just as nonsensical... anyways..... Just to update, I finally broke down and used the "PC" Restore - working point went months back, before update download and install... Now past few months I just skip the big notification (Update Later). But I was hoping to find better solutions or fixes on the update now, can't use Acid w/MIDI after adding 4-5 tracks you can see studdering and often crashes after that, and forget about the autosave (which I did depend on for the crashes!) - they are either corrupted the same and crash, or all the track/ vst settings are reset, orrr..... Everything is still there (apparently) but whether u play the whole thing, preview something, or even hit keys on your midi keyboard (real or in-line virtual) - no meter ever has a signal, in/ out, Midi track before synth on mix board.. .UGH - the play cursor moves though!! ......... (cough) ......After reading the last few months of comments I see there are many others who feel screwed at this point!!!!! Sucks... I have been reporting bugs and dealing with problems patiently for MANY YEARS - ANYBODY there remember the "Ghost track Remains in Timeline" mystery long ago??? Yup... that was me!!! -Going to focus on rigging a Pi, Aurduino, and my keyboard into my DDJ-SX Mixdecks, with the classic 1200 on the side w/ Serato Record on the Platter... Good Luck everybody - I'm gonna repost that one reply statement here on main boards though, perfect.