Acid Pro 10 Pro file location issues

Sean-Whitaker wrote on 12/3/2021, 7:05 PM

Hi Everyone, new to Acid 10! I Installed the program without issue. However, in an effort to make finding the Acid Loops files easier, I moved what I thought was my loops to my desktop. I inadvertantly moved the MX synth folder as well. Now I get a "can't find the files" pop up every time I try to use any of the MX synth instruments. I tried to move it back, but I can't find the exact location on my PC it says it's trying to look. So I deleted all the Acid loop folders and the Acid MX synth folder off of my desktop (where I moved them for easier access than the default location), and re-installed Acid. Not only did that not fix the problem, the loop folders did not get installed with the re-install. Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 12/3/2021, 7:40 PM

@Sean-Whitaker

Hello, Welcome

Did you go to help and then download loops?

Did you look here C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Loop Collections

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

johnebaker wrote on 12/3/2021, 8:08 PM

@Sean-Whitaker

Hi

. . . . I moved what I thought was my loops to my desktop . . . .

This is not good practice to put files on your desktop, they should be in their original location as installed and @PATIENT-X has indicated above.

The potential issue with putting documents, files etc on the desktop is this is not a protected location - Windows will reset the desktop if it encounters an issue with it or an upgrade/update does a reset, resulting in loss of all the files that were stored on it, the Documents folder is a protected folder which Windows will not touch during updates and upgrades.

To re-install you need to clean up files and registry fragments that are left behind - download and install Revo Uninstaller Free , run this and use it to initiate the uninstall of Acid, when the uninstall is complete, Revo will then scan for leftover files and registry fragments, check these are Acid component and delete them.

Reboot the computer and the re-install Acid.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/5/2021, 6:51 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Sean-Whitaker wrote on 12/4/2021, 8:19 PM

I think I have Revo on my computer. So I should uninstall Acid first, then run Revo, then re-install? Acid didn't put the loops directly in the documents folder, they were buried about 5 folders down in some weird folder I'd never seen before (I can see from the first post that it IS in the documents folder, just super deep). Is there a way for Acid to just go to that folder? For all my other downloaded loops, you are saying I should move those folders to the document folder? I have all my loop folders on my desktop...

johnebaker wrote on 12/5/2021, 6:50 AM

@Sean-Whitaker

Hi

. . . . So I should uninstall Acid first, then run Revo, then re-install? . . .

No - as I said above -  install Revo Uninstaller Free , run this and use it to initiate the uninstall of Acid - see image below - select program to uninstall in the list (1) click Uninstall (2), when the uninstall is complete, Revo will then scan for leftover files and registry fragments, check these are Acid component and delete them.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sean-Whitaker wrote on 12/16/2021, 4:35 PM

Thank you all for the help! I used Revo, Uninstalled everything, re-installed, now working like a charm!

johnebaker wrote on 12/17/2021, 11:40 AM

@Sean-Whitaker

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, pleased to hear everything is working.

John EB

Yanyan-DING wrote on 1/22/2023, 9:44 PM

it's crazy to understand how messy Magix programmers set all these - by uninstall and re-install the loop lib - I found the folder is in my Steam path under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MAGIX

johnebaker wrote on 1/23/2023, 5:05 AM

@Yanyan-DING

Hi

. . . .  I found the folder is in my Steam path under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MAGIX . . . .

If you are using the Steam version of the program then that is where they should be.

Blaming 'messy Magix programmers', is not appropriate, it is Steam who have modified the program and file locations used for use in their system of 'controlling' the program..

John EB
Forum Moderator

Yanyan-DING wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:29 AM

@johnebaker,

I have a Magix video deluxe Steam version - that's it. Maybe there are shared lib between Magix application that I can understand - but there is no single place to describe where the user shall find them - to get your loop download (I am addressing this from an Acid Pro 11 Suite user point of view), you need manual check out a sub-menu item from HELP section.

On top of that, the programmer(s) who programming the "independence lib" do not have a decent English level - or if any QA even verify the all code path - it takes me days to download the indep lib from "online source", then suddenly one day, after many days of continue downloading, it pop-up an error sth. called "there is not enough memory in the disk", it took me another 2 days to troublehsooing the error by myself - as I screenshoot the problem and report ticket & recieved no customer support at all.

the other thing is this independent pro interface - the font is so small - I guess the programmer had left the company while during his coding it maybe it's 10 or 15 years ago that he is using a max 1080p monitor to do that.

Compare with other brand e.g., Steingberg, Artura, NI .... - the application deliverred by Magix definitely is the lousiest - crossing multiple portofolios the product interview & design did not change overtime to reflect latest tech. & sometime bugs

If you could feedback this - I guess Magix probably lost interests - they need invest more R&D and simply make things right for basic things, otherwise customer (like me own quite different line-up of application) will finally went away. Come on!

@Yanyan-DING

Hi

. . . .  I found the folder is in my Steam path under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MAGIX . . . .

If you are using the Steam version of the program then that is where they should be.

Blaming 'messy Magix programmers', is not appropriate, it is Steam who have modified the program and file locations used for use in their system of 'controlling' the program..

John EB
Forum Moderator

SP. wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:58 AM

@Yanyan-DING The common Magix folder is specified during the first installation of a Magix software on your computer. All subsequent Magix programs will automatically use this folder. You can only change it during installation after you deleted its entry in the Windows registry or, if I remember it correctly, you need to uninstall every Magix software on your computer and then install them again to be able to change it in the installation settings of the first program you install.

Independence isn't made my Magix. It was developed by YellowTools and came out around 2005/6. So you are correct that the development was done around 15 years ago. That's why it looks so antiquated. It got some updates and was then acquired by Magix because they used it to build all their Vita Instruments, which usually have a useable interface even when used with modern screen resolutions. And they still release multiple new Vita Instruments each year (now mostly made by third party developers).

But the old Independence was made for computers with screen resolutions of 1024×768 pixels, maybe 1600×1200 pixels.

Best Service, which partnered with Magix on Independence, currently develops a new sampler. They wanted to release it for years, but it still isn't ready. I think that it could be possible that Magix might also use this new sampler in the future, after it releases. So that would explain why they didn't bother to update Independence for years if a successor is already in development for a long time.

Yanyan-DING wrote on 1/23/2023, 7:26 AM

Looks at least the community is quite active 👍

Hope things get better anyhow, I feel Video deluxe or movie studio is out of day for UI design etc. for many years with no major changes over years, would be nice to see UI & functionalities been streamlined to modern design crossing portfolios, instead of focusing on sales promotion all the time.