Acid Pro 10 doesn't recognize mp3 files and won't render as mp3.

Russell-Simmons wrote on 3/30/2020, 4:14 PM

I installed Acid Pro 10 on a brand new laptop and it won't recognize mp3's. It will list all of the file types that it will open, but not mp3. I can't even select mp3 to render to. I have contacted support but received a generic response of "We can't reproduce your issue - can you send us the mp3 that you tried to use." I can't because mp3's don't even show up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell E7450. Acid Pro is the only program I have installed on it.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/31/2020, 4:20 AM

@Russell-Simmons

Welcome to the Magix forums.

When you first installed Acid 10, did you also download and install all the additional content that was then available?

You make the comment that you cannot send Support the .mp3 to test because mp3s don't even show up??? If they don't appear, how do you know they are there on your computer, but will not open in Acid??

OK, that was written slightly tongue-in-cheek!! 😉  Presumably you can see your mp3s in File Explorer? If so, use it to attach one to any reply to Support.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Russell-Simmons wrote on 3/31/2020, 4:37 AM

Hi. I know the Mp3's are on my computer because I can see them outside of Acid. Years worth of them, purchased, converted, etc... The reason why I say it's Acid, not every Mp3 on my harddrive that is the problem is because when I go to render a song, Mp3 isn't an option for file type to choose from. Just .wav, .flac, .ogg, .w64, and .wma.

emmrecs wrote on 3/31/2020, 5:21 AM

@Russell-Simmons

So, my advice is still the same: send one of the problem mp3s to Support and let them have a look at it.

You also need to be aware that not all mp3s are created equal! You admit that not all your mp3s are a problem, which serves to illustrate this.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 3/31/2020, 2:09 PM

Hi

There appears to be some confusion here between your two comments as to what the issue is.

To clarify the issue - are you saying:

1. you cannot export as a mp3 file from Acid ?

2. you cannot import a mp3 into acid

3. both 1 and 2

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Russell-Simmons wrote on 3/31/2020, 2:36 PM

Both 1 and 2.

Frank_Fader wrote on 4/1/2020, 3:55 AM

Hi,

please check if the file "mp3plug2.dll" exists in your Acid Installation, on my System it is at

C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

If it is present, try to delete the FFCache2_x64...ini at

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ACID Pro\10.0\FFCache*.ini

Hope this helps.

Russell-Simmons wrote on 4/1/2020, 7:53 AM

Frank, you are a genius. That solved everything. Thanks for your help!

Frank_Fader wrote on 4/1/2020, 9:23 AM

Glad it works for you now. Did you have any previous ACID Version installed on your Laptop before? I wonder how the corrupt FFCache could appear on your System. Typically we have this issue when there has been an ACID beta version installed before.

Russell-Simmons wrote on 4/1/2020, 9:56 AM

No, it's a new laptop. No previous were installed. Weird. Thanks again for your help.

Former user wrote on 4/7/2020, 11:28 PM

Still doesn't work for me. I have 100s of vocals that are MP3 files which every other DAW opens but Acid won't. Can anyone shed any light on it? Acid Pro 7 opened the worst format available but version 10 won't open the highest quality. what gives?

sheppo wrote on 4/8/2020, 11:20 AM

@Former user Can you confirm whether you followed @Frank_Fader's instructions here? Frank might be able to offer further advice if that still isn't working..

Former user wrote on 4/8/2020, 2:56 PM

@Former user Can you confirm whether you followed @Frank_Fader's instructions here? Frank might be able to offer further advice if that still isn't working..

I actually tried that as soon as I saw the suggestion but that didn't do it for me. I think in some people's cases, some MP3s open, but in mine, none will open. I have to take the audio into Wavelab, change it to Wave so I can use it in Acid. Opposite of fast work flow that Acid once had. I even reinstalled the DAW from clean start, nothing.

Frank_Fader wrote on 4/9/2020, 4:40 AM

Maybe the uninstall process doesn't remove all FileIO Plugins, so I suggest to run the ACID uninstaller once more, and make sure that the whole "Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0" folder is gone, especially the FileIO Plug-Ins subfolder and x86 subfolder containing ffplugsd32.dll.

You may need to Change the File Explorer Settings in order to se see system items and hidden items to be able to delete them.

Then check once more that there is no "c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ACID Pro\10.0\" left.

Then run the Acid10 Installer. I hope this helps.

Former user wrote on 4/13/2020, 9:38 PM

Maybe the uninstall process doesn't remove all FileIO Plugins, so I suggest to run the ACID uninstaller once more, and make sure that the whole "Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0" folder is gone, especially the FileIO Plug-Ins subfolder and x86 subfolder containing ffplugsd32.dll.

You may need to Change the File Explorer Settings in order to se see system items and hidden items to be able to delete them.

Then check once more that there is no "c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ACID Pro\10.0\" left.

Then run the Acid10 Installer. I hope this helps.

I finally tried to do as you suggested, its still a no go. I keep getting this error:

Wiped everything from PC that had anything to do with Acid Pro. Even went into Registry. I ran into another problem afterwards having to do with windows, realtek error, that took me a day to fix. Reinstalled Acid, still no MP3 opening.

johnebaker wrote on 4/14/2020, 3:47 AM

@Former user

Hi

Where is the file you are trying to import located?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 4/14/2020, 4:11 AM

I have a dedicated "Samples" external hard drive where they are stored. Then there is another drive with other MP3 files which also fail to open.

Frank_Fader wrote on 4/14/2020, 4:33 AM

@Former user , do you run ACID with an account with administrator user rights? If not, give that a try.

Former user wrote on 4/14/2020, 5:07 AM

@Former user , do you run ACID with an account with administrator user rights? If not, give that a try.

Are you speaking of this? As shown in the screenshot? Meaning check off the highlighted part? Sorry, thats one thing I am not good with. Thank you.

Former user wrote on 4/14/2020, 5:32 AM

I have tried the admin thing as well. Still doesn't work. I tried checking the box as shown in above screenshot, and running the program "run as admin" directly from the app icon.

-I appreciate your attempt to help, however, I have stuck projects that I have to finish, therefore, I will be reverting to Cubase or Studio one for now. I will continue to try with Acid as more updates come along. I have been trying since version 8, 9 and now 10. I am still having lots of issues. This is just one of them.

Thanks again

benjamin-urmston wrote on 1/10/2021, 3:59 AM

Hi, I have this same problem. Acid 10 will only recognise Flac files for some reason. When I try to open an mp3 I get the same error message posted above. I have followed Frank Fader's advice - there is the file "mp3plug2.dll" but I cannot find the cache file he referenced and that file path he mentioned does not exist on my laptop.

This is a brand new laptop and a brand new install of Acid 10, no previous versions were installed.

Please help! Thanks

Former user wrote on 1/10/2021, 1:02 PM

Hey Benjamin, this is an old bug that has been around since version 8. I too am waiting for this bug to get fixed. I finally had a contact back from Magix and they agreed that it is indeed a bug and will be worked on. Since not everyone else has this issue, therefore it hasn't been reported much. I have two machines, the main studio machine doesn't open mp3 files. (additionally, the laptop won't open melodyne).

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with your laptop, its an Acid pro codec issue and my guess is, it has something to do with Windows Defender. But wont' know until Magix gets back to me. According to their last email, this will be worked on starting this year. All the updates were delayed due to Covid non-sense.

When I am working on Mp3, I just use another DAW but other than that, Acid works great!!

Scott-Woods wrote on 3/21/2021, 5:58 AM

Hi,

please check if the file "mp3plug2.dll" exists in your Acid Installation, on my System it is at

C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

If it is present, try to delete the FFCache2_x64...ini at

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ACID Pro\10.0\FFCache*.ini

Hope this helps.

I recently installed version ACID 11 and had the same problem, and this solution was perfect. Thank you!

philip-pollard wrote on 6/12/2022, 9:36 AM

I'm having the same issue; this had never happened to me on 9 so that's weird.

SP. wrote on 6/12/2022, 10:01 AM

@philip-pollard Try holding CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard, then double click on the ACID program icon. A window should appear and ask you to reset the program settings and the cache. Do this and then try again to load MP3 files.