Acid Music Studio 7 validation issue

user-mrx wrote on 11/5/2017, 2:31 PM

Hi
I have Sony Music Studio 7, which was purchased in 2008. I've used it for many years without problem, however I've recently had to replace the motherboard on the editing computer (non internet connected). When I tried to activate it again, I keep getting an error message saying the serial number is invalid. I have the original CD, box and product serial number card here to confirm it's authenticity and I've never had issues activating it before. Can anyone please let me know how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2017, 4:07 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, since this is a public forum, I have removed the link to the image you posted because the name you attributed to it is offensive and hence unacceptable and the image you have attached merely confirms the problem you are experiencing without showing anything really helpful.

Second, you say your computer is not connected to the internet. In which case, how are you attempting to register the software, on a different machine?

Third, I wonder whether the difficulty in registering the serial number is due to the fact that you have clearly registered/activated it several times before? Perhaps, you have "used up" the number of activations you are allowed? If so, you will need to contact Magix support and ask that they reset your activations. However, as you imply, you are using an "old" product, details of which Magix may not hold and you may not be registered with Magix as a customer. If the latter is the case, you should read this post on the Vegas forum.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

user-mrx wrote on 11/6/2017, 7:10 AM

Hi Jeff

Yes, that's right. I'm using a different computer to register the software, as I've done on two previous occasions. As to your suggestion that I may have 'used up' the number of activations allowed, I'm not aware there is a limit. As far as I'm concerned, I've paid for the software and am entitled to use it. It's simply a question of how to achieve this. I've registered with Magix, but this is where it gets interesting. When I go to their product registration page, it has a lot of boxes in which to place information, but there is no 'proceed' button, or anything like it, so there appears to be no way to actually register the software with them.

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2017, 10:48 AM

Hi again.

As to your suggestion that I may have 'used up' the number of activations allowed, I'm not aware there is a limit

Users of other Magix software have experienced the situation where any additional activation is blocked because there is a certain number of activations allowed before support must be asked to rest the allocation counter. No-one outside Magix support knows, I think, what that limit is.

As to registration, because I am already a registered user I looked at the registration page, where, having "pretended" to be a new user, I was then shown a page asking me for name, email, password etc. At the bottom of that page was a large blue Proceed button. I assume you got beyond that initial page? Does the next page not also include a Proceed button, perhaps it is visible only if you scroll right down the page?

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

user-mrx wrote on 11/6/2017, 1:54 PM
...... I was then shown a page asking me for name, email, password etc. At the bottom of that page was a large blue Proceed button. I assume you got beyond that initial page? Does the next page not also include a Proceed button, perhaps it is visible only if you scroll right down the page?......

Hi Jeff. Thanks again for the reply.
Yes, I can get to that page fine. I've just tried again and managed to get to one where I was able to type in the serial number, but then I was met with an error message saying it had already been used.
I've sent a message via the Magix website, and they've sent an auto reply with a ticket number, but I'm still waiting for a detailed reply. Have you any experience of this ? I 'm wondering how long they take to respond to requests for assistance.
:)

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2017, 3:51 AM

Hi again.

In my experience Magix support "time-to-reply" can be variable, sometimes very quick, sometimes not. I think a lot depends on how many other support tickets are "in the system".

In your case, the problem should be easily resolved, by simply resetting your activation allowance so, hopefully, you will receive a positive response within the next few days.

Jeff