ACID Music Studio 11 users feedback and info!

GRB wrote on 9/16/2023, 12:38 PM

Hello ACID Music Studio 11 users!

Can I get some feedback and info on your use and experience with AMS11?

-Working good?

-Most recent updates/fixes? Does it seem like its being supported currently like Music Maker seems to be with fixes and updates?

-Are the installation issues (program itself or content packs/file system related) of a year or so ago still a thing or have they been fixed?

-What issues have you had, and have they been fixed by Support or updates?

I'm asking to find out if Magix is possibly focusing more and AMS11 for future fixes, feature evolution, and sales (as I see it online in so many places and even big popular stores sell it). Maybe ASM** is going to be the more Magix version of ACID moving forward, getting the attention and TLC....?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 2:06 PM

@GRB I'm pretty sure that ACID Music Studio 11 came out early 2019, one year before ACID Pro 10 (not 11!) and the last update was more than three years ago.

GRB wrote on 9/16/2023, 2:24 PM

@SP. Hello again, thanks for all the help and quick replies here on forum for all of my questions, ponderings....uh.... hopefulness :)

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 9/28/2023, 6:31 AM

@GRB Hi there Greg. Nice to see your enthusiasm for ACID software. Unfortunately, I've gotta confirm ACID Music Studio 11 has been left way too behind...

No updates/fixes since a long time now, more than two years ago being the last patch.

Most serious criticism I found, among others, all Plugins/Synths reverting to default/initialization state after saving and then reopening any project, soon as a new plugin is added to the arranger or chain. This huge and unacceptable bug is there since forever now.

At the moment, MAGIX is definitely NOT focusing AT ALL on AMS11 (remeber, this version is older than AP10, having been released in 2019...).

"moving forward"...? ...Indeed, AMS 11 is the oldest ACID version available at he moment (it came out with AP9), thus it's not moving anywhere... getting NO attention at all and being left in the dust.

Love this software, but this is the ugly and sad story, at the "moment" (...).

Regards, Steve.

GRB wrote on 9/29/2023, 1:20 PM

I hope to not run into any of this that you mention above, but I was having problems in installation, validation (program update and instruments from my account) that recently got fixed with Support Help.

See related link:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/acid-pro-12-new-feature-request--1326098/?page=2#ca1892555

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 10/2/2023, 6:35 AM

@GRB

Far as I'm concerned, I did not run into any ACID MS11/AP9/AP10/AP11 installation problem ever (I read your mentioned post, anyway) like the ones you describe. To me installations and activation always worked fine.

The problem I find and underline as unacceptable, instead, is the one I described as "most serious criticism, among others, all Plugins/Synths reverting to default/initialization state after saving and then reopening any project, soon as a new plugin is added to the arranger or chain". This LONG time bug is preventing me from finishing my projects, and makes the software seriously unusable. No way out.

Steve.

SP. wrote on 10/2/2023, 7:41 AM

@Steve_GothAngel_ The plugin chain bug should be solved in Acid 11 (Pro, not Music Studio). And you can circumvent it in Acid 10 by dragging and dropping plugins into the chain.

GRB wrote on 10/5/2023, 7:17 PM

@Steve_GothAngel_ The plugin chain bug should be solved in Acid 11 (Pro, not Music Studio). And you can circumvent it in Acid 10 by dragging and dropping plugins into the chain.

Thanks for this info, took advantage of AP11 upgrade, working great! Happy for my humble ramblings so far!

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 10/7/2023, 8:21 AM

@SP. Hi there, thanks for your attempt to help...

Unfortunately, adding Synths to any reopened project in MS11, NO matter the way you may try (drag and drop Synth to timeline, to a new MIDI track, adding it by insert softsynth...), ALWAYS leads all other Synths previously inserted to discard any settings you may have set, reverting them the default state...

I have four DAW PCs I use for music making. Due to the total machines you are allowed to activate licenses on, two of these have AP11 Suite (among others...) installed on, while the other two have AMS11 (among others..) onboard, so that I can start project on them whenever and wherever it happens, and then develop the serious work on my major DAWs...

All that explained, the point: MAGIX still sell it, so it's their duty to fix this ACID Music Studio 11's long time known and HUGE bug... no wasting time attempting to experiment workarounds, third party stuff, trying this and that, for what is instead MAGIX's duty simply have such a basic and critical feature work... This is not too much to ask for. It's customers right.

I love Magix software (if you all could only see ALL the licenses I own, since the beginning of times...) BUT keeping selling a product which is well known to be broken, WITHOUT patching it for years now, it's not fair nor ethically correct. There are NO workarounds NOR excuses for this. Period.

Regards, Steve.

j-s wrote on 11/16/2023, 2:32 AM

@SP. Hi there, thanks for your attempt to help...

Unfortunately, adding Synths to any reopened project in MS11, NO matter the way you may try (drag and drop Synth to timeline, to a new MIDI track, adding it by insert softsynth...), ALWAYS leads all other Synths previously inserted to discard any settings you may have set, reverting them the default state...

I have four DAW PCs I use for music making. Due to the total machines you are allowed to activate licenses on, two of these have AP11 Suite (among others...) installed on, while the other two have AMS11 (among others..) onboard, so that I can start project on them whenever and wherever it happens, and then develop the serious work on my major DAWs...

All that explained, the point: MAGIX still sell it, so it's their duty to fix this ACID Music Studio 11's long time known and HUGE bug... no wasting time attempting to experiment workarounds, third party stuff, trying this and that, for what is instead MAGIX's duty simply have such a basic and critical feature work... This is not too much to ask for. It's customers right.

I love Magix software (if you all could only see ALL the licenses I own, since the beginning of times...) BUT keeping selling a product which is well known to be broken, WITHOUT patching it for years now, it's not fair nor ethically correct. There are NO workarounds NOR excuses for this. Period.

Regards, Steve.

Well Said. Selling broken software, Completely unacceptable.