Comments

SP. wrote on 11/5/2022, 7:35 PM

@Touch_of_CAS The easiest way to get it working is to temporarily disable your firewall or Windows Defender.

robert-b1790 wrote on 11/22/2022, 9:23 PM

I just downloaded the file for installing Acid Music Studio and I cannot install this thing at all. There is no phone number to call and this is extremely frustrating. I tried suspending the firewall and no difference. PLEASE HELP

SP. wrote on 11/23/2022, 1:46 AM

@robert-b1790 Doesn't the download continue past 0%? Then your firewall is active. It might also be necessary to disable Smart App Control temporarily (If you use Windows 11)

Jeffrey-Jackson wrote on 9/9/2023, 11:17 AM

Acid music studio 11 65 bit will not install past loading opengl32sw.dll. The 32 bit ran fine I cleared up space and my cpu is 64 but still won’t install please help!

SP. wrote on 9/9/2023, 6:40 PM

@Jeffrey-Jackson is your Windows up-to-date?

Jeffrey-Jackson wrote on 9/9/2023, 6:55 PM

It is windows 10

SP. wrote on 9/9/2023, 7:02 PM

@Jeffrey-Jackson have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Jeffrey-Jackson wrote on 9/9/2023, 7:39 PM

Yea it is updated

SP. wrote on 9/9/2023, 7:53 PM

@Jeffrey-Jackson Do you have some special kind of firewall which might block the installation? Do you regularly restart your computer? Be aware to select the Restart option and not the Shut.

Have you tried to redownload the installer in case it is damaged?

Jeffrey-Jackson wrote on 9/9/2023, 7:54 PM

Just the windows firewall

SP. wrote on 9/10/2023, 2:43 AM

@Jeffrey-Jackson And what about restarting and redownloading the installer?

emmrecs wrote on 9/11/2023, 4:46 AM

@Sean-Leach

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately your first post here, in a thread asking about the installation of Acid Music Studio 11, is asking about the location of the loops in Acid Pro 11, so nothing to do with the original question raised. Please do not hijack another user's thread in this manner.

However, if you read this support article I think you will find the answer to your question!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

GRB wrote on 9/15/2023, 10:36 AM

Hi, random Greg input/share....related!

So I've been away from Magix products for awhile (longer story), but decided to revisit my AMS11 yesterday...these random things are common in my days :)

I downloaded my AMS11 and it installed mostly ok at core (first part).

It notified and updated to current version just fine.....

I did get issues when I went to download the content packs that show when you select that from the Help menu.... the first two were fine, but the HipHop one kept erroring and stalling saying that the referenced file was not found or didn't have access to its location.... I tried everything, looked into it, searched things out , duplicated the file to desktop to point to, etc etc... I ended up just giving up after hours of trial and error. Not a great feeling once again.

Created a support ticket.

Happy to report that support was super quick and replied... that was impressive! the downside is that they wanted me to load a scanner and info gathering program via a link, give it authority to "do its thing" and report back to them.... In this day and age of hacking and complex info security, I opted to not do such a thing, especially as a first step. I quickly decided to just uninstall and pray for better luck with reloading my AP10 instead... see if there had been any updates/fixes... or how it would install and work....

I think AMS11 is a valid program, even with its bigger AP brother limitations in place, but if I'm going to have issues, I'd rather be working on the more robust AP than the limited since I own both. Not sure if there are any fixes for AP 10/11 yet, so please don't run out and upgrade because of my comments or opinions.. I already had bought them long ago.

Stick with it and hopefull support will get you going!

Please report back here so we all know the results.

Good Daw Vibes to you!

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.