.acd files

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 2:33 AM

hi guys, my 1st ever post EVER!!, lol, hoping some 1 could possibly help me or point me in right direction,, ive been a strict acid user since as long as i can remember, its literally all i ever do when i have a spare few mins, a little while back, my computer crashed, ( bloody windows 10 update ) and installed a new windows on my media, unbeknown to me that it would affect my music production filder ( which i later found out was wrong ), so EVERYTHING i have done over the last 10 years minimum, all my settings, samples, .acd files, are all corrupt when i try to open them, im a bit of a pc engineer, so i managed to recover them all in their root directory,, but i have alll the titles of the samples, which some i can replace, ( ive spent many many months searching and downloading them all, ) and although i appreciate i will have to rerecord some audios, im at a standstill on the arrangement,, it would be fantastic if any of you guys could show, or tell me how to make the .acd files, just open, so i can see the arrangement, so i can redo the whole track, and re record whatever needed, but to know what went where, and when, etc is a hard task, i dont wanna be reisigned to say, " its gone forever ",, all i wanna see is something like this, so i can remake it, i hate the fact ive lost 15 yrs of music, 

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2019, 3:18 AM

@Dougal-Holloway

Hi

. . . . a little while back, my computer crashed, ( bloody windows 10 update ) and installed a new windows on my media . . .

We need more information.

1. Was this the Windows 10 1809 upgrade? If so did you roll it back to the previous version?
  2. If not the 1809 upgrade then did you have issues with your Windows profile after the update?
  3. What error message(s) are you getting when you try to open the files?
  4. If the files are corrupted then there is no way to recover their contents.
  5. I assume you have no backups of the Acid projects?

. . . . unbeknown to me that it would affect my music production filder ( which i later found out was wrong ) . . . .

What do you mean by this?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 3:54 AM

ahh thank you for such a quick reply, i will try and give u more details, but i think you have already answered my question,, so a while back, windows 10 offered a free upgrade, which alot of ppl ignored ( including myself, ) one day i decided to let it happen, and it failed for whatever reason, and also made my c drive unallocated, so i decided to do a full clean install, what i didnt know was, as the c drive was now unallocated, it had changed the drive paths of my other drives,,, c was not visable, and d ( my music production drive ) had now become c,, me,, not noticing the change, i went ahead and continued with the install,,

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 3:57 AM

after i continued and all was fine, i noticed the mistake, and in a panic i spent days doing a full recovery deep analysis search for my lost music files,, which as you can see, i got them back,, in their directory tree,, and all looked great,, untill i tried to load them or play them etc,,

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 3:58 AM

as you can see, acid can see them,, but will not audition them, or load up any of the .acd files, all i get is, unknown format,, or this file is corrupt, ,

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 4:02 AM

as i say, im a bit of a pc engineer anyway, and i know quite alot about windows, viruses, recoverys etc etc, so ive already accepted the fact that theyre gone forever,, but,, u know,, i still have to try and hope some1 has had same issue, and found a way to recover the corrupt files,, its just the layout im after, i can get the samples back, and i can record new audios,, its as i say, i dont know where, and when it all happened,, id need to see the arrangement as i originally posted in my 1st pic on here,,

emmrecs wrote on 2/21/2019, 4:20 AM

Hi, just a thought.

I see from your latest screenshot that Acid is searching for "Autosave.acd". Is that really the name of the project? If you click on any of the other .acd files with "days go by" in the name, do they open properly?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 5:19 AM

no mate,, that was just a random choice,, none of which open, and all give the same msg

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2019, 8:05 AM

@Dougal-Holloway

Hi

Thanks for the clarification.

. . . . i decided to do a full clean install . . . .

Unfortunately that would have changed and created new partitions effectively wiping the pre-existing NTFS structure on the drive it installed to.

I assume you have used some recovery software to get to the stage you are now at, as you have the file names visible? However, IMHO, the most probable outcome is that the file contents are gone or only fragments remain - either way they are unusable.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Dougal-Holloway wrote on 2/21/2019, 10:42 AM

yes ur very so correct,, and it was a predicted outcome, its very similar to symbian, its overwrites the structure of the structure table,, but was in hope that maybe an sony /magix tech guy may have read this and could maybe guide me on how to repair the structure of the/ or any .acd file,, even if i got as far as the layout, dont even need the addresses of the full tree,, just the acid layout wouldve been perfect, and i could have gone to work on that,,, but was still very much worth a try, and appreciate all the help so far from every1, ( hey,,,,, worth a try wasnt it, )

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2019, 1:07 PM

@Dougal-Holloway

If the file contents are gone or only fragments remain there is no way to recover/build a coherent file to work with.

John EB

Djronrella wrote on 2/21/2019, 5:44 PM

Happened years ago to me!

Now I use external hard drive to store all my Acid Pro 8 files including .bck and .acd acid files all projects and all music files!! If I lose computer all my works on external hard drive!

Did you try to restore to early date pc backup?

Petet wrote on 2/22/2019, 10:15 PM

Might sound like dumb question but did you check for a windows.old folder on your root drive? there could be some acd.bak files stored in your my documents folder?