Accessing files in OneDrive

jeff-w wrote on 4/27/2021, 9:34 AM

I'm a new user, sorry if this has been answered before. I have large number of photos in my OneDrive cloud storage which I want to access with Photo Manager. When I use the Add Folder function under Database, I can select the OneDrive folder (OneDrive is integrated into my Windows file structure), but then PM says it is "downloading" the files, as it starts to run through each individual file name. Is this actually downloading the files onto my hard drive (where I don't have enough space for them) or is it just reading and storing file data into the PM database?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/27/2021, 9:38 AM

@jeff-w

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Photo Manager is essentially a database program. It makes no changes of any kind to your actual photos nor to where they are stored. In this case "downloading" simply means it is logging the data about each of your photos so it can show you a thumbnail image of each of them; it is certainly not even attempting to move them to your internal hard drive.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

jeff-w wrote on 4/27/2021, 9:44 AM

Whew! Thanks.