Comments

manni-sandhu wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:35 AM

Download Jbridge

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:46 AM

it keeps crashing saying "Auxhost was not started correctly. Program will now exit."

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 4:20 PM

Does anybody else have any experience with JBridge and Acid Pro?
If anybody can help me out I really appreciate it. My Sidechain compressor and autotune are both strictly 32bit. I can look into newer versions for future projects, but I'd love to be able to work on my older projects in AP8 as well :)

Thank you!

MrSoundman wrote on 4/23/2018, 4:27 PM

Just install the 32-bit version of ACID Pro 8 instead, or perhaps both 32-bit and 64-bit versions will exist side-by-side (I haven't tried this). In my experience, trying to run 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit is always unstable.

sheppo wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:39 PM

You can install both x86 and x64 versions of AP.. or keep you old x86 version, and install x64 AP8. I've used jbridge before with other products, but not with Acid. With the exception of 1 really really old VST it worked fine then so have no reason to expect it to not work now with AP8.

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 11:10 PM

I got JBridge to work. It is pretty awesome.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/24/2018, 3:42 AM

@Animal-Nation Do you mind telling us how you managed to make it work?

sheppo wrote on 4/24/2018, 9:58 AM

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/ - it essentially processes all your 32bit VSTs, and creates 64bit compatible wrappers for them that can be loaded in 64bit DAWs such as Acid Pro 8 x64. Some DAWs have jbridge built in, so this is something that Magix could look at adding to any 64bit app that supports VST plugins.

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:29 PM

The first time I tried I downloaded jBridge from thepiratebay and it kept saying my AuxHost wasn't working.
The 2nd time I tried it I downloaded the legit demo version from the jBridge website and it worked perfect, so I bought it for $20. Super affordable and works great!

ALTHOUGH - After my 20 minute demo ran out, it reset my settings on the EQ and SideChain compressor I was running through jBridge, and saved the bunk settings to my project file.

So basically - DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM AS A DEMO ON YOUR MASTER FILES. Make a duplicate file to mess around with jBridge on if you haven't purchased and run the serial on the program. The demo is only 20 minutes and it will mess with your shnit.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 1:16 AM

Just teasing a little: We are working on providing a free update which will let 32bit PlugIns work in ACID Pro 8 (64bit). No ETA right now.

sheppo wrote on 4/25/2018, 4:49 AM

Just teasing a little: We are working on providing a free update which will let 32bit PlugIns work in ACID Pro 8 (64bit). No ETA right now.

That.. right there, is awesome news! Despite some minor bugs with the the initial release of AP8 to hear that you are taking suggestions from, and supporting the community like this is a really good positive start to Magix's Acid journey. Keep it up!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/26/2018, 7:04 AM

Thank you sooo much! We WILL keep it up! 🙂