1 -Text added to photos and 2- inserting a new photo into a project

John-Duane wrote on 10/7/2018, 7:16 PM

I am a new user and still learning the program. We are making a slide show of a recent trip and are adding text to most photos. My question is why does the text disappear before the end of the photo? In one case, with a vertical photo we added a lot of text to the left and right side of the photo. When the photo is played, the text on the left displays properly and as the text on the right comes into view, it drops off and all we have is the photo. It almost looks like the photo is being replayed without text at all. Is there a way to make sure the text remains visible for the entire duration of the slide.

My second question involves inserting a slide into a project. Example: I have 50 photos in the project and I discover a new photo that I would like to insert into position 7 for example. I know I can drop the photo down at the end of the project and drag it across, but there must be a quicker way.

The product I am using is, Photo Story Deluxe, " New Version" purchased in April of 2018

Windows 10

Thank you,

John

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/8/2018, 4:13 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, you will see I have moved your post to the correct area, that for Photostory, rather than the one for Movie Edit Pro which you had selected! No problem about the wrong area, but it does make it easier for other users to respond to questions about software they actually use.

Assuming you are using the Timeline view, in order to avoid the text disappearing before the picture, simply ensure the text object, its "box", is as long as the associated image.

HTH

Jeff

EDIT: Sorry, just seen your second question! Again, using the timeline view and the highlighted mouse mode in my screenshot below:

simply grab the slide that is immediately after the point where you want to insert your new slide (e.g. if the new slide is to become a new number 7, simply grab the "old" number 7) and drag it to the right to make space for the new one. Using the mouse mode referred to above will also move ALL the other slides to the right of the "insert point, (so old 7 onwards), whilst leaving the first 6 untouched. You can then "drop in" your added slide.

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/8/2018, 4:24 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 10/8/2018, 10:36 AM

Hi,

Further to what Jeff said, for the first point, simply drag the end of the text object on the timeline to coincide with the end of the photo. See below:

I have 2 text objects, one on track 3, the other on track 4. You can move the objects left and right, and extend the duration by dragging the left or right sides. Note that I also put fades at each end.

Note that by default, title objects are 5 seconds long. It is up to you to modify them to what you want.

I presume that you have figured out how to move the text box in the preview window to where you want.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

John-Duane wrote on 10/8/2018, 5:55 PM

My thanks to everyone. Both problems have been solved but I'm sure I'll have additional questions. Thanks again!

emmrecs wrote on 10/9/2018, 5:25 AM

Glad to have helped, and thanks for the feedback. It's always good to know when a problem has been solved.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam