Performance problems and Access Violation in VDL.EXE

Commentaires

Reyfox Posté à 03/03/2023 18:57

Yes, that's my point. I shoot in the codec that will give me the best overall video with the least amount of compression so I can edit without proxies, if possible. But... if I need to, I'll use proxies.

It's one reason why I do not shoot HEVC because of the overhead required to edit the clips. It does "tick" the right things in space savings and overall quality. But editability, at least on my computer, is no fun. My camera can shoot HEVC (HLG) 420 10bit 4K, and guess I might consider it if I had a long form project. But most of what I do will be 15minutes with no extended recording time. Fast and large size SD cards are inexpensive.

Reyfox Posté à 03/03/2023 19:04

@CubeAce, yes, use a compression that you can be happy with the results. I mention ProRes because it's an industry standard that produces huge files, but are easy to edit on just about any computer with just about any editor. HEVC is difficult to work with unless you have a beast of a computer and the hardware/software can decode it, at least, in the "here and now". AVCHD was always transcoded back in the day when it was released. It didn't matter what computer or software you were using. Now? No problem. And while HEVC has been around for a while, it's not there "yet" where even my computer (no slouch) can work with it smoothly.