Video Pro X - Subscription now includes Smartsound Cloud

browj2 escrito el 07.11.PM a las 15:37 horas

Seemingly without fanfare, a VPX14 subscription now includes a Smartsound Cloud Personal Subscription as well as StoryBlocks. You get access to the Smartsound catalogue. The music project is done on line as opposed to the Smartsound app.

This makes the subscription quite interesting for those who want access to the Smartsound catalogue without having to purchase songs and albums (very costly).

Licensing:

PERSONAL SUBSCRIPTION. A PERSONAL SUBSCRIPTION applies to any individual user, producing PROJECTS only for personal usage and / or releasing PROJECTS only on personal social media channels. Any customer doing PROJECTS for third parties are considered BUSINESS CUSTOMERS. The number of AUDIO USERS in a PERSONAL LICENSE is limited to the individual and any direct family member (spouse, children, parents) of this individual user.

PERSONAL SUBSCRIPTION – USAGES & MEDIA:

a. Included:

i. Unlimited number of PROJECTs.

ii. Unlimited downloads of music and sound effects

iii. Unlimited views and followers on social media & broadcast

iv. Online usage (any social media, any website, etc.)

v. Online monetization of the PROJECTS

vi. Local broadcast (TV / radio / theatre)

vii. Local & private events (school events, local festivals, weddings, etc.)

b. Not included:

i. Usage on any regional, national or international broadcast (TV, Radio, Theatre, OTT / IPTV (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.))

ii. Physical copies over 100 per project

iii. Usage in any paid media advertising / featured advertising

iv. No registration of the music on CUSTOMERS name (right society, Youtube Content ID, etc.)

v. PROJECTS done for any third party.

For more details, see this.

John CB

Seguir Gracias Citar

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Comentarios

emmrecs escrito el 07.11.PM a las 17:11 horas

@browj2

Hi John.

Interesting!

However, it appears that this is available ONLY to "new" users and not to anyone already owning/running VPX 365. 😭😭

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 escrito el 07.11.PM a las 17:57 horas

@emmrecs

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I would expect so. I would hope that it also applies to those who renew a subscription. Of course that would mean that a current subscription was ending. Magix should clarify this.

I would expect some complaints from current subscribers.

Also, I would like a clarification of the following:

With a subscription, you can also access free sound effects and royalty-free music. You can also discover the diverse collection of songs available in the integrated in-app Store.

Does "discover" mean that you can also use them? And what is the difference between "royalty-free music" and "songs?"

By "access free sound effects and royalty-free music" I would presume that the "royalty-free music" is freely available. Or did they mean the "free sound effects AND the free royalty-free music?" Including "free sound effects" means nothing - they are already free, just as there are some free songs or music. Not really a selling point for the subscription. Also, all of the music and songs are royalty-free in any event. It's the use that governs and it should be stated that all is for non-commercial use. Or is it?

The license with VPX allows for commercial use of the content that comes with VPX. What is considered as not coming with VPX, the free sound effects and free music?

Semantics and the English language!

John CB

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 07/11/2022, 17:59 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

CubeAce escrito el 07.11.PM a las 21:28 horas

@emmrecs

Hi Jeff.

In the past, once, I used a track that came with VPX and uploaded it to YouTube. It resulted with a copyright strike against the video. Basically it means in that instance that should anyone see adverts when viewing my video the person / persons that have copyright over the music get all the payments that would have accrued from the advertising revenue. The alternatives at that point is to take down the video or replace the sound track or let the copyright strike stand and take the financial loss (should you be so lucky as to have an income from YouTube).

Depending on the copyright strike depends on whether the strike is just purely financial or whether you get done for using material that is not allowed under any circumstances. The latter being more serious and can result in a channel take down. I even know one person who got a copyright strike upheld against his own music because in the past he allowed an agency to distribute his work. That contract was dissolved but they still get the proceeds and not him.

Either way, I've given up using music from any online source or I cheat. 😉🤣🤞.

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.4894

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

browj2 escrito el 07.11.PM a las 23:44 horas

@CubeAce

Hi Ray,

The music in question that Jeff replied to and the subject of this thread comes from Smartsound and not Magix. See the info on the Smartsound Cloud site for what to do in the event of a copyright strike.

Copyright strikes are always a possibility, but should not preclude us from using the content that we have the right to use. I really wish we wouldn't have to go through this discussion every time someone brings up something about using the content from Magix unrelated to copyright claims on YT.

So, O.T.:

As for getting a copyright claim or strike on YT using music supplied by VPX, you can and should contest it. Whoever uploaded it for YT Content ID has done so illegally (unless it's Magix) and is in breach of the terms of use licensed by Magix - no one gets exclusivity. In the few cases that I have had, I contested, indicating just that - they do not own the copyright and do not have exclusivity and are in breach of the terms of use of the music obtained from Magix. Not only should they remove the copyright claim, but they should remove the offending material from YT Content ID, failing which they could have their entire site frozen or cancelled by YT forfeiting any proceeds. I also add that since their work is monetized, they should be able to produce proof that they even have the commercial use license, failing which they would be in double breach. YT monitors contested copyright claims. More than several complaints about the same content and YT may get involved and take down the offending user/company channel (according to what YT indicates, buried away in their T's & C's.

Users on the Vegas site ganged up once and simply created quick and dirty videos using the same content and so advised the offending party upon getting a copyright claims. It wasn't long before the offending party reacted appropriately.

In the case that you mentioned, that would be a problem between the two parties, as the party that uploaded the music to Content ID seemed to have the right to do so.

John CB

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 08/11/2022, 03:03 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

CubeAce escrito el 08.11.AM a las 00:56 horas

@browj2

Hi John.

Try arguing with YouTube over copyright strikes as an individual is is tend amount to useless if you go against any type of agency claiming the copyright. The Vegas users collective effort seems a good idea but if a ruling goes against you it is your own channel that then becomes under threat so a lot of people don't contest such claims.

There are sites that provide royalty free and copyright free music and sound effects such as epidemicsound as well as YouTube's own sound library for both music and sound effects.

I'm just wondering how much real benefit the Magix offering has over other options.

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.4894

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

browj2 escrito el 08.11.AM a las 02:57 horas

@CubeAce

Ray,

So far, I have been about 90% successful having copyright claims removed. The losses were iffy and not obvious. There is usually no problem with copyright claims (I should have been precise - claim, not strike) or contesting them and losing. Unless, of course, it is a real strike and the owner doesn't allow you to use the material. Otherwise, it just remains there. I have some with the indication:

The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike.

and the box:

Copyright claim

Copyright-protected content found. The owner allows the content to be used on YouTube.

These are the obvious ones and I can live with that or I'll change the material.

As for other sites that provide royalty free and copyright free music and sound effects such as epidemicsound, you can have exactly the same problem. Someone can have an agency upload their material containing that same music to YT Content ID and you'll get a copyright claim.

The Vegas case in point was about material obtained from Storyblocks - the very same Storyblocks available with a subscription to MS Suite or VPX14.

John CB

Modificado por última vez por browj2 el 08/11/2022, 03:08 Horas, modificaciones en total: 1

John C.B.

Reyfox escrito el 10.11.PM a las 17:27 horas

@browj2 SS Cloud seems to be really nice. I have Smartsound music and have been using it for almost 20 years. Easy to customize to your desired length of the video with plugins for some of the editors I use. And using Sonicfire Pro, it opens up an entirely powerful music editing experience and control with Mood Mapping, Hits, and Multilayer songs, and much more. I usually wait and buy albums during the holidays. But with the introduction of Smartsound Cloud subscription, it does open up getting that one song you want, and the price is less with X365 and you get an editor too.

The only problem I have right now with the Cloud version of SS is that the customization I am used to doesn't seem to be there, at least I can't find it. Where you adjust the length of the song and it rebuilds it for that length.

As for Youtube copyrights, never lost one with using Smartsound. I also include the information in my youtube description.

I know someone who works in Smartsound and will query them on some of my more detailed questions. But for the moment, it seems like a great deal. Just edit yourself to death and use all the music you can.