Vita instruments from X5 to X6

Marty-Zeak schrieb am 06.05.2021 um 03:14 Uhr

I just moved from Samplitude X5 Suite to X6 Suite (365 subscription). All my Magix "MxSynth" software instruments work without a hitch on X5. I run X6, and some (not all) lose the path to the library/image (instrument not activated/cannot find file). I open x5 again and the same instrument works just fine. I've checked all the configuration files and directories and all seem to be correct is there something new in X6 that might be affecting these?

Kommentare

SP. schrieb am 06.05.2021 um 07:44 Uhr

@Marty-Zeak It is possible that some instruments are bound to Samplitude Pro X5 and only work in this version. Can you tell us, which instruments don't work in Pro X6?

Marty-Zeak schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 00:05 Uhr

I am testing all the MxSynths I own in X6 Suite (I own 50), Here are the results:

Vita 957 Wooden Clarinet 👎

Vita Balalaika 👎

Vita Handchimes Bells and Glass 👎

Vita Steel Tongue 👎

Vita Ukulele 👎

Vita Vintage Cornets 👎

Vita Vintage Lead Trumpets 👎

Vita Vintage Mid and Low Brass 👎

These bring up the "not activated" then brings up the "futility search", which has plagued these vita instruments since I started messing with Music Maker a couple years ago lol.

All the rest (Independence, DN-e1, Revolta etc.) work fine.

I know that there are two separate directories that need to be in place properly for each vita to work, I have been through transferring these from an old PC to a new recently. (Obviously had no problem with X5)

I know they've been nothing but tech problems for me, but when they work, they work really well!

After having bought so many, I wish they would just sell a bundle with all their software instruments for like $50 or $100, maybe even allow them to work in other DAWs, these silly instruments are a big part of what keeps my business (i've bought at least three/four versions of music makers, samplitude music studio etc until going for the subscription plan.

SP. schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 00:37 Uhr

@Marty-Zeak Thanks for the list. Yes, I can confirm that these instruments are not working in the current version of Pro X6. They do not work as standalone or as an Independence instrument.

These are all third party instruments made by Impulse Records oder Dynamedion. It is very likely that they cannot be loaded because of license agreements between Magix and these developers. I think they are bound to the Samplitude version they were included in.

In this case only support at infoservice@magix.net can help.

SP. schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 01:08 Uhr

@Marty-Zeak

I checked my version of Music Studio 2021 where I downloaded all these instruments. As you can see on this screenshot all instruments that are not working in Pro X6 are in my backup folder. I downloaded the instruments back in 2020 when Music Studio 2021 was new.

If I start the content downloader for Music Studio 2021 today these instruments are missing. Magix replaced them with Accordion, Jazz Drums, Lead Synths, Power Guitar, Rock Drums, Soundtrack Percussion.

It is very likely that some kind of license agreement between Magix and Impulse Records and Dynamedion ran out which could be the cause these instruments are not working in Pro X6 and are now missing in the content downloader.

Usually you would need to buy these instruments as Kontakt Libraries, for example:

https://impulserecord.com/project/blue-street-brass/

https://sonuscore.com/shop/origins-vol-3-12-string-balalaika/ (Sonuscore is a label of Dynamedion)

SampliDragon schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 11:28 Uhr

You can ask the Magix Pro Audio Support. Btw, it is possible to get the instruments working again with a workaround using the Magix Music Maker shop, because all Vita instruments which have been activated in Music Maker can be used in X5, X6 and SMS21, if they are activated in the same Magix account (and are installed on the same system). Cheers

SP. schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 11:36 Uhr

@SampliDragon The Music Maker Shop trick doesn't work in Pro X6. I tested it.

SP. schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 21:18 Uhr

@Marty-Zeak The problem case in the German forum was solved by the support. The instruments do not work in Pro X6 but the user got coupons to buy them in the Music Maker In-App-Store which should unlock them in Pro X6.

I would suggest that you also ask support at proservice@magix.net for Music Maker Shop coupons to unlock

Vita 1957 Wooden Clarinet
Vita Balalaika
Vita Handchimes Bells and Glass
Vita Steel Tongue
Vita Soloist Collection
Vita Ukulele
Vita Vintage Cornets
Vita Vintage Lead Trumpets
Vita Vintage Mid and Low Brass

in Pro X6.

The shop trick doesn't work in my case because I already unlocked some of the instruments in the shop with Music Studio 2020.

Marty-Zeak schrieb am 07.05.2021 um 22:49 Uhr

Re-unlocking them in Music Maker worked (for some reason something might have been lost in translation from my last Studio PC). Thanks to Magix support for personally seeing to this problem! 💯