ACID Pro 8/9/Next/MusicStudio - updated public beta Nov 12, 2019

Kommentare

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 22.11.2019 um 14:35 Uhr

Will the ACID Pro 8 official update be released as an update to the Beta which allows us to "Check for Updates" in that version and get up to date?

Or will it only show up for the current Release (RTM, Non-Beta) version?

Frank_Fader schrieb am 22.11.2019 um 15:48 Uhr

Will the ACID Pro 8 official update be released as an update to the Beta which allows us to "Check for Updates" in that version and get up to date?

Yes, the auto update mechanism will work for AP8 as soon as the patch is officially released. Same for AP9 when a newer version will be available than 9.0.3.30.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 22.11.2019 um 16:23 Uhr

Thanks. That makes things convenient.

bcide schrieb am 27.11.2019 um 02:02 Uhr

since the update today, I've been having nothing but problems.

Frank_Fader schrieb am 27.11.2019 um 09:59 Uhr

Sorry to hear that. VST force rebuild helps? Maybe just scanning 64Bit VST2 plugins first, then adding folder for 32 Bit, scan, adding folder for VST3, scan?

bcide schrieb am 27.11.2019 um 19:25 Uhr

Sorry to hear that. VST force rebuild helps? Maybe just scanning 64Bit VST2 plugins first, then adding folder for 32 Bit, scan, adding folder for VST3, scan?

I've done all of that, I got my plugins back but it wiped out all the moves I made within the plugin. It's sad, I was hoping Magix would help this once great DAW. I'm still hopeful as I've been using AP since 2.0.

Frank_Fader schrieb am 28.11.2019 um 12:17 Uhr

AP9 cannot load yet VSTi parameters in projects correctly that were saved by AP8. We will provide another patch for that soon, and also fix some remaining VST scan issues with that patch (coming for AP9/AP8/Next and also MusicStudio).
But loading projects saved in AP9 should always yield the set and saved VSTi parameters. Can you confirm this? Please give us more details about the issues you find with the latest AP9.

Pepe_Mixsucking schrieb am 01.12.2019 um 12:25 Uhr

Still no "alternative light interface" for ACID STUDIO? WHY?

It is already available in the public beta of ACID Music Studio.

Many thanks for the info, so I just bought both Acid Studio and Sound Forge Studio and waiting for that update...

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 03.12.2019 um 23:04 Uhr

The Update for ACID Pro 8 has been released, I think yesterday. Includes the missing Help Files, etc.

Jason-S. schrieb am 08.12.2019 um 23:41 Uhr

Did the new update of acid pro 9 came out or the beta?

Frank_Fader schrieb am 09.12.2019 um 10:54 Uhr

Not yet, the current version is still 9.0.3.30. We are at the last stage of testing/preparing the new AP9 patch, hopefully we can deliver it very soon.

Jason-S. schrieb am 09.12.2019 um 16:53 Uhr

Not yet, the current version is still 9.0.3.30. We are at the last stage of testing/preparing the new AP9 patch, hopefully we can deliver it very soon.

Thx for info.

Frank_Fader schrieb am 09.12.2019 um 17:07 Uhr

The patch train for AP9 and Next is rolling. The patched version will be 9.0.3.32.

toddbooster schrieb am 09.12.2019 um 21:47 Uhr

Except AP Next is 1.0.3.32 😉 What was in this one? It's not the ARA 2 patch for Spectralayers already, is it?

Puddy-Paka schrieb am 10.12.2019 um 14:28 Uhr

Is there a change log for the new AP9 build?

Frank_Fader schrieb am 10.12.2019 um 14:51 Uhr

Compared to 9.0.3.30:

• improved project compatibility to older Acid8 projects regarding VST
  • Fixed: VST scanner could miss plugins after a plugin crashed during scanning - now all plugins should be recognized

The ARA patch for SpectraLayers is not ready yet, sorry.

roland14 schrieb am 14.12.2019 um 17:38 Uhr

Frank Fader, just want to report that after installing Acid Pro 8 (8.0.10.20) all of the vsts loed fine, finaly fixed :)

sheppo schrieb am 17.12.2019 um 15:56 Uhr

Hi Frank, and the rest of the team,

I just wanted to say thanks for the current Acid releases. Issues that I have commonly seen from Acid Pro 7,8,AMS10,11 over many years of use all now seem resolved. Some of these common recurrences were

1. generally adding in a lot of VSTs, or moving VSTs in a chain would randomly cause Acid to Crash
  2. having a project with lots of tempo changes, or tempo slides would cause acid to crash, e.g. inserting a new tempo marker wither Acid paused or playing, or move the play marker between different tempos on the timeline would cause it to crash
  3. render to new track would never work as expected, there'd always be something just not quite right about the audio..

I started a new project and found myself working in a way that would definitely have caused a crash on earlier versions, but APN just remained solid and stable. I have tried pushing it more and more, and still it is persisting without crashing.

I'm sure everyone has experienced similar issues over the years. We lived with it because we love the product, but it's only now that the stability is starting to match my expectations. I'm super happy and thankful for all the hardwork you, Redaktion, Bea, and the rest of the development team have put in over the last few months, and everyone here for testing and providing feedback on the new open beta for Acid!

Reminiscence schrieb am 18.12.2019 um 13:17 Uhr

Just want to say, as I was advised to, there is a problem loading the Reason Rack Plugin (as instrument or effect) in APN and AMS, where you make a song, ta-dee-dam, save, and reopen the track, but the Reason Rack Plugin has defaulted to the init patch. Not loading any of the instruments or effects chained to a track. Worth checking out.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 18.12.2019 um 22:43 Uhr

My guess is that they probably ported over Samplitude's VST engine to ACID, and this "init patch reset" problem is a known issue with that DAW (with software like KONTAKT and others).

Theozilla schrieb am 19.12.2019 um 01:31 Uhr

My VSTs were loading fine in Acid Pro Next Suite but they were all distorting. Independence Pro and Vita synths.

I assumed my hard drive couldn't handle the load.

Tech support had me uninstall and reinstall everything on a new SSD which is a whole other insanity in waiting a full day for the entire library to download again. They REALLY NEED and ability to point the VSTs to a new drive location.

After all this, Magix VSTs are still distorting and Addictive Drums is now distorting which previously worked fine and worked flawlessly in Sony Acid 7

Here's something interesting. When I switch to Microsoft Sound Mapper ALL VSTs work. With tremendous latency of course BUT THEY WORK.

I feel sick.

Ehemaliger User schrieb am 19.12.2019 um 17:23 Uhr

My VSTs were loading fine in Acid Pro Next Suite but they were all distorting. Independence Pro and Vita synths.

I assumed my hard drive couldn't handle the load.

Tech support had me uninstall and reinstall everything on a new SSD which is a whole other insanity in waiting a full day for the entire library to download again. They REALLY NEED and ability to point the VSTs to a new drive location.

After all this, Magix VSTs are still distorting and Addictive Drums is now distorting which previously worked fine and worked flawlessly in Sony Acid 7

Here's something interesting. When I switch to Microsoft Sound Mapper ALL VSTs work. With tremendous latency of course BUT THEY WORK.

I feel sick.

You can copy the Independence Library to a new drive, then use the Content installer and point it to that new location.

It will install in 3 minutes, by simply checking the files and using that location ;-)

I agree that they need a better way of managing content. Once you've set up the MAGIX Content Directory, there isn't any easy way to change it without digging pretty deep into the registry (as the keys aren't in the place where you'd expect them to be).

IMO, MAGIX needs to develop a separate small application that users can use to Install and activate all of the MAGIX software they own - including any instruments, sound libraries, plugins, and sound pools that are entitled based on which packages they own (either as part of a bundle, or purchased via Producer Planet, etc.).

Something similar to Native Instruments' Native Access.

---

Also, they need to implement WASAPI support in their DAWs (Shared and Exclusive).

toddbooster schrieb am 19.12.2019 um 19:13 Uhr

My guess is that they probably ported over Samplitude's VST engine to ACID, and this "init patch reset" problem is a known issue with that DAW (with software like KONTAKT and others).\

I'm not sure if this is the same issue (I don't have Reason 11 to test it out, I stayed with 10 for now). My particular issue in Samplitude is with certain Kontakt libraries (as you mentioned); specifically Strummed Acoustic and Electric Sunburst not recalling their settings when a project is reloaded. However, in ACID Pro Next 1.0.3, this is working as expected.

I suppose it could just be a different symptom of the same problem though.

Rednroll schrieb am 12.02.2020 um 17:31 Uhr

Any update releases?