Your software update deleted all of my previous purchases.

talk2robby wrote on 7/3/2021, 2:02 AM

The last software update deleted all my previous purchases, telling me I have to repurchase unlimited tracks, half of my music loops don't work and it tells me I need a registration code for Magix Premium 2021. So I can not edit any of my previous projects and even though I was willing to purchase some things over again, the store won't let me. Maybe the store realize I already purchased it. What the heck is going on now?

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/3/2021, 4:06 AM

@talk2robby It usually helps to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache. It should work again after doing this.

emmrecs wrote on 7/3/2021, 4:12 AM

@talk2robby

Sorry to hear about the apparent problem of deleting of previous versions, but this is a user to user forum so it is not our software!

However, please give us considerably more details about exactly what program, version and variant you upgraded from and to. Assuming you mean you previously had MM 2021 and now have MM 2022, the main program of the 2021 version will have been removed but ALL the features you had in the earlier version should still be present in the later one, they certainly were for me. One thing to be aware of: the new features of MM 2022 are available ONLY if you buy the upgrade.

However, as an initial step to helping you to resolve this - the fact that you say you cannot purchase some things over again suggests this may well be a store cache problem - go to Program Settings>General options>Cleanup Store (and perhaps also Rescan Soundpools). You should then be offered the option, where needed, to redownload any add-ons that are currently "missing" from your installation.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

talk2robby wrote on 7/3/2021, 9:24 PM

Magix Priem 2019, it did an auto update, after the auto update, that's what happened. I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to contact support on this. It doesn't exist. This was all I found. I really didn't expect an answer and new if I got one it would be the generic response of "Start over, reinstall" Who ever is pushing these updates doesn't know what they are doing or how to go through proper testing and QA, every update that happens something breaks or crashes, but this is the first time this happened. I try to stop updates because of this kind of thing, and this update was pushed somehow without me even knowing it. I was just using the app a couple of days before. I appreciate the response, this is an obvious bug.

johnebaker wrote on 7/4/2021, 5:01 AM

@talk2robby

Hi

. . . . I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to contact support on this. It doesn't exist.  . . . .

It does - if you went through the Support link above the main issue in not finding the Support request is due to not scrolling down the support pages enough for the next steps - Magix have a guide to raising a support ticket here.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/4/2021, 5:01 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

talk2robby wrote on 7/4/2021, 6:05 PM

I went through that I went back and forth between webpages, it pushes your through a knowledgebase that can't answer my problem and not way to write a ticket. It's ok don't worry about it. I've come to terms with it.

browj2 wrote on 7/4/2021, 6:40 PM

@talk2robby

Support - when you get to the screen that asks to put in a search term, do so. This will be the subject of your ticket. Do so and click on Find a solution. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Send a Support Request. This brings you to the page where you can actually contact Magix. This is not rocket science but it does require significant effort to scroll to the bottom of each page and click on the correct button.

In all of the years that I have had Magix products, I have never had an automatic update occur. I am always asked first - and so were you. Secondly, updating has never deleted any of my purchases and I highly doubt that any of yours were "deleted," just no longer activated.

So, if you want help, do as Jeff indicated. Tell us what you actually did (probably an upgrade to a new version) and have (see under Help, About for the version) and we can help you. Tell us what you think that you should have that you no longer have - instruments, Soundpools, etc. If you raise a ticket with Magix, they will ask for the same thing.

Music Maker is free but to get everything that you had before (almost), it requires your serial number(s) of previous versions. The latest versions have some new features that can be purchased. Song Maker has been replaced in each of 2021 and 2022 and requires purchasing directly or with Plus or Premium 2022.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 7/4/2021, 6:54 PM

@talk2robby Have you already tried to click on the button to clean up the store inside the program settings?

johnebaker wrote on 7/5/2021, 9:35 AM

@talk2robby

Hi

Sounds like like you did not follow the last 3 instruction in the guide I linked to.

Also when searching for the issue use key words only - eg loops missing

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.