X5 and 365 - Problems

Eleyan wrote on 7/31/2023, 4:50 AM

I just had a computer crash (magix mm 2023 was on the crashed computer), so my 2nd computer has Samplitude X5, and compared to Magix MM it is chalk and cheese in terms of Automation. No matter what I did with X5, the audio recording is distorted, rather soul destroying. It failed on the most basic level and appears to be super time consuming in settings, a number of times the simple act of finding the start, stop and record button was thwarted by that part of the screen disappearing for no good reason. As I said, I have X5 because I was told I could use it when I didn't have internet, but that was with Humble bundle, and I also started a subscription for 365 and wasn't aware of the Internet connection requirement. So question: If you have no internet connection, can you use Samplitude 365? I may have subscribed in error, due to not understanding the basis for functionality. Plus, question 2: How likely is it that I will be able to halt my subscription, as I am not enjoying the Samplitude X5 ride, so am dubious about 365.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/31/2023, 5:02 AM

@Eleyan The 365 version probably needs to check whether your subscription is still active.

Other than that, X5 should work fine. If you have problems with audio increase the buffer size in the ASIO driver settings.

The transport control is a dockable window in Samplitude. You can move it anywhere in case you don't want it to be hidden by other tabs.

If to want to cancel your subscription simply contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and tell them you want to cancel it. It will then end on the next possible date.

Samplitude is a fully featured DAW unlike Music Maker. You may want to read the manual.

Eleyan wrote on 7/31/2023, 6:03 AM

Thanks SP. I just have very little patience for learning a new DAW, unless it is really intuitive and automated. I think using MMM has ruined me for most other programs. lol, but true. The word is my computer might be fixed in 2-3 days if they chose the right problem. The longer it takes, the more I will have to delve into Samplitude due to necessity. Cheers.

Eleyan wrote on 7/31/2023, 6:11 AM

Ah SP. you are a genius, I increased the buffer to 8032 and the distortion stopped. Thanks buddy.

SP. wrote on 7/31/2023, 6:12 AM

@Eleyan The good thing is, as soon as you understand how to work in Samplitude you can switch to other DAWs like StudioOne or Cubase without learning everything from scratch because most DAWs have a lot in common in functionally.

But I know what it means to be used to a nice workflow and then start from scratch. It's very hard to do at first.