X4 Still no good!!

edit wrote on 3/16/2012, 6:27 PM

I had high hope to this X4 version will be good but still is bad like X3.

1- Plug-ins are very basic and not useful

2- Mercalli v2 don't work very good on X3 & X4 (video works with pause)

3- Image stabilization of X3-X4 don't work good it make video worst.. Please see youtube video i have made:

5- Some of movie fade don't apply on timeline or i'm missing something

6- Did really you guys tested the converting quality of dvd file or not- I did a DVD and the truth is very bad quality, I did with a high resolution and is very bad comparing with one of DVD Authoring..

7- X4 most the time video don't play good but with pause!!!!

8-MP4 video converting very very bad quality.

Video on youtube is converted with another sofware not with X4.

My PC:

i7 2600K

Nvidia GTX530 (2GB memory)

8 GB Memory

Thank you

ED

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/18/2012, 12:06 PM

Hmm, not my experience with X4, and my computer is not as "fast" as yours.

To answer your specific points:

1.  What plug-ins would you expect to be there?  I have found the supplied ones adequate, though with X4 I am not particularly happy to have to pay more to fully use some of the supplied "extras".

2 and 3.  Cannot comment on this as I have never used image stabilization but I wonder whether you need to pre-render your footage in order to be able to fully see the effect?

5.  I've seen this sort of thing happen before.  One cause is sometimes the "Transition Length" setting (accessed via right-click on the A|B box.)

6.  Not my experience.  Not sure why you're seeing these poor results.

7.  Your computer should give you non-jerky playback; mine (32 bit so max 4GB RAM, Q9650 CPU, ATI HD4650 Graphics Card) gives me non-jerky playback of AVCHD footage (notoriously difficult to handle because it must be decompressed as it plays) at "Full Resolution", this improvement in X4, not X3.  What type of HD video file are you using?

8.  Again, not my experience.  What settings are you choosing in the mp4 export screen?

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/18/2012, 12:06 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

edit wrote on 3/19/2012, 9:10 PM

emmrecs

Thanks for answering my problem..

Now:

1- External monitor don't work in my PC works with anothers software but not with X4

I did read the help file and manual but it doesn't work!!

2- how do you resize this window too make it bigger or smaller ( I did everithing but no luck to resize!! )

I can't see what version nebluefx is!!!

==================================

I'm editing  AVCHD Video  or (MTS) file 1920x1080 / 29frames. It plays good with out effects, with effects  jerky!!

I know is (start preview rendering) but it take too long to render a file (start preview rendering 20 sec mts file to 4min)

Using start preview rendering still video played jerky:

emmrecs wrote on 3/20/2012, 10:32 AM

Hello again.

To answer each of the questions in your second post, as far as I can:

1. That screen has nothing to do with what I think you are trying to do, use two monitors.  That screen refers clearly to "Export" and is for when you want/need to export your finished project to an external device e.g. a media player which is attached to your computer. 

The use of a second monitor is controlled by your graphics card.

2.  Not sure which window nor why you want to resize it.  If it's the on-screen message you've inserted in your reply, I don't think you can resize it.  If it's the import/effects window on the timeline, you can simply drag its lower or left hand edge to be whatever size you want it to be; other windows will resize themselves to suit.  If you want to resize without affecting other windows, simply hold Ctrl whilst dragging.  If you want to move any window to a different place on your screen simply click on and drag the "grey" bar at the top of the window.

As for the NewBlue Effects, I think you discover which version by opening one or more of them to use with a video object.  Just as a matter of interest, I assume you have not installed ALL the extra NewBlue Effects that are available.  I see only two items; my X4 has 9 (all NewBlue.)  I think at least two of them might be ones that were installed by me with X3 but I'm pretty certain you should have more listed there.

My AVCHD is 1440x1080 25fps (PAL) and, yes, the addition of transitions etc. does cause playback to become jerky.  The general consensus on this is that the compressed nature of the format (which, as I said before, must be decompressed to playback) is extremely demanding of ANY computer.

If you have a 20 second MTS file taking 4 minutes to render the preview, assuming it doesn't include a large number of transitions and effects, that does seem very slow.  On my machine I rarely use the Preview Render (don't need to use a lot of transitions etc.) but I think my worst case scenario was a render time about 4 or 5 times slower than real time, and, yes, not always smooth playback .  One thing to remember though is that whatever you see when you playback your material on the timeline, whether it is "rendered" or not, when you export the footage to whatever is to be your final output format, you should never experience that jerkiness (at least that has been my experience.)

Sorry I can't offer much help to fully resolve your problems.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/20/2012, 10:32 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam