Wrong Email Stock memory and does not allow to correct for Activation

christophe-cornaire wrote on 6/5/2023, 7:48 AM

Hi,

I was trying to Install Xara Designer Pro X on a new PC and by mistake i gave a wrong email at first, Serial No was correct. due to entering wrong email it gave me Error 24. now when i enter correct email it does not accept and still gives same Error24. I then uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller so it will clear its registry and leftover files then again I reinstalled it but it still gives the same error24.

Note: I tested the Serial number and Correct Email on another PC and that works fine there but on this new PC it does not work because by mistake i gave wrong email at first.

One Thing i noticed that after reinstalling when at first activation popup comes, email address appeared to be already populated. it means it has stored this email address somewhere in a file and Uninstall wizard does not delete this file and when Xara is reinstalled the same files gives it old email address and does not let us correct and gives error 24.

Please let us know where is this information stored so I can correct it or let me know how can i fix this problem. I cannot use Xara without Activation.

I need to fix this ASAP, early response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/5/2023, 8:23 AM

@christophe-cornaire The registration pop-up shows always the last used e-mail address, if I remember it correctly. So technically it should work fine if you enter the correct e-mail address, even if you entered another address before. Are you sure you entered it correctly and without a typo?

christophe-cornaire wrote on 6/5/2023, 10:37 AM

Thanks for reply SP.

Yes, im 100% sure im entering correct email and serial. Also to avoid typo, i try copy paste the email address.

SP. wrote on 6/5/2023, 10:54 AM

@christophe-cornaire Sometimes it helps if you deactivate all devices in the customer account at Magix.com

christophe-cornaire wrote on 6/6/2023, 5:14 AM

I have deactivated Devices but still no luck, unfortunatly. it still gives Same Error24.