Wrong Date Displayed

Kenneth-Scherzer wrote on 1/28/2022, 4:14 PM

I copied digital content from old computer to new. Windows 11 has new creation date as copy date. But old modification date is preserved. Why is it that creation date displayed under images/thumbnails is the new creation date and not the mortification date? Can that be preserved? I also have archive of old files with proper dates displayed? Can Photo Manager show these? [Hint, Phototheca on my computer shows the dates correctly.]

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/30/2022, 10:37 AM

@Kenneth-Scherzer

Hi

See this article it may help you.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Kenneth-Scherzer wrote on 1/31/2022, 11:15 AM

I tried that as an experiment at your suggestion. The issue of creation date being set at time of copy has been a feature of Windows 10 and onward. The real issue seems to be not that the creation date is after modification, but that one cannot display modification date as text under thumbnail in display view. Details with thumbnails displays modification dates (which is usually true creation date) but in a hard to use way. And "correct file date" seems to not to work in a batch mode with the option to set creation date as modification date. Having used Photo Manager since Phototheca began crashing in 2019, I have lived in issues of Magix not handling WebP images or giving software option to handle animated gifs. It seems that Magix has not been upgrading Photo Manager for several years to work optimally with Windows 10 or 11 (Or OneCloud--which is in German only). My filing this issue as a support issue went unanswered for nearly a week before turning to this public forum. Phototheca has been updated in an X version and so far seems to run well so far and I am running both. Is it true that Photo Manager is legacy software being sold as new?