Comments

SP. wrote on 4/16/2024, 5:56 PM

@Lars-Kristoffersen Hi. This is a user forum. We are all users like you and not Magix support.

If you want help from us, please give us more information. Which computer are you using? Which operating system? Is the software already installed? Or is the downloader sitting at 0%?

We need much more information from you.

You can also contact technical support, but it may take some days until you get a response. Click on the SUPPORT link at the top of this page and select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket on the next page.

Lars-Kristoffersen wrote on 4/17/2024, 2:05 AM

Hi all. Does anybody know what this means ? This fault shows up when I try to play a file ??

ProAudioTeam wrote on 4/17/2024, 4:36 AM

Hello,

which audio driver have you set? Are you using an internal sound card or an external interface?

With kind regards

Your Pro Audio Team

SP. wrote on 4/17/2024, 4:43 AM

@Lars-Kristoffersen Yeah, I believe this simply shows up, if the audio driver gets enabled.

Go into the program preferences. There you can select the audio driver. Usually, you want to select an ASIO driver, for example the Magix Low Latency driver. Then you need to open the driver control panel and select your audio input and audio output and set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

Lars-Kristoffersen wrote on 4/17/2024, 9:34 AM

I again. I disabled and enabled the soundcard, then it worked. It is an internal soundcard.

Lars-Kristoffersen wrote on 4/17/2024, 9:37 AM

But I have a similar problem with my old Samplitude Pro 9 installation on my old computer. Suddently It wont play. I can load a file and the tracks showes up, but it wont start playing. I can do evreything els??

SP. wrote on 4/17/2024, 9:42 AM

@Lars-Kristoffersen Do you have a way to get a real audio interface with ASIO drivers?