will not except wav files anymore

Terry-Scott wrote on 3/21/2024, 4:17 PM

I reinstalled this on a new computer. Now the software will not recognize wav files. They are blank and renamed to HDP file. When using mp3 it plays the music but there is a clicking sound in it...both files when played outside of the software works fine. Tried reinstalling and same thing so software is useless right now. I have been using magix for 15 years, never had this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Terry Scott

Music Maker 64bit

Version 31.0.5.56

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/21/2024, 5:46 PM

@Terry-Scott In case you cannot see the waveform, it might help to disable the stereo representation under the View > Arranger menu. I'm not sure what triggers the problem that stereo waveforms are invisible.

If you encounter clicking/skipping during playback I recommend you navigate to Files > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Here you need to select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Then click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the ASIO driver settings. Select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples under the additional settings. If your computer still has problems with playback increase the buffer size to 1024 or even 2048 samples.

Terry-Scott wrote on 3/21/2024, 6:16 PM

Thank you so much, it worked, Terry