Why won't any external links work on my Contact page?

Anne-Cobham wrote on 9/13/2021, 2:33 PM

I'm using Web Designer Premium v.18 on a Windows 10 platform. My website Contact page has randomly stopped linking my email address, Facebook and Instagram, plus any other external links, and won't even display a pop-up photo. All the other pages on the website are fine. Even the email link in the recurring page footer (which works on all other pages) doesn't work. The links don't display on Preview Page either. I've tried deleting and re-linking, I've looked everywhere for any strange code or anything out of the ordinary. I'm not getting any error messages. I'm at my wit's end. Please help! Thank you!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/14/2021, 4:33 AM

@Anne-Cobham

I suspect a link to your website might help others to help you!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Anne-Cobham wrote on 9/14/2021, 11:44 AM

Yes, that would probably be helpful! Apologies. The offending page of my website is here: http://www.bretonnaturals.com/contact

emmrecs wrote on 9/14/2021, 1:53 PM

@Anne-Cobham

I don't really have a solution for you (sorry) but the link you provided in your latest post results in a 404 Page Not Found error. However, if I go to your home page and then select Contact Us I can open the page.

Just verified, the problem with your link seems to be the missing .htm on the end of the link address.

And I think I may have found the problem with the links on that page: right-clicking in Chrome on any part of that page produces various options, all of which are to do with "Image", e.g. "Open Image in..." . It seems that somehow, ALL the content of that page is now an image, rather than text and links. Other pages show options on right-click like "Open Link in ...".

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Anne-Cobham wrote on 9/16/2021, 2:04 PM

Soooo … how did this happen, and how can I fix it?

emmrecs wrote on 9/17/2021, 3:23 AM

@Anne-Cobham

Honest answers to your questions: I don't know; I think you will need to rebuild that page!

Jeff