Why when i save the recording as an MGX file does it save it as a Mufin MusicFinder File which cannot be opened?

Rocky111 wrote on 3/16/2009, 12:07 AM
With the Magix Rescue your Videotapes! program, if i choose to record my camcorder or videotapes over to my pc in any MGX format then it saves it to my pc as a Mufin MusicFinder file(with the orange Mufin as the file icon) which, when you double click the icon it then JUST opens up the Mufin MusicFinder program but does not open the video file at all. How do i open these files? and how do i record video to my pc in MGX format without it being saved as a Mufin MusicFinder file???

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 3/16/2009, 3:36 AM
Hi there,

The files you're referring to must be some files, probably even just meta files for internal housekeeping, whose file extension is associated with Mufin MusicFinder on your system. Thus they're shown as "Mufin" files and are represented by the Mufin logo. If you could find out and let us know what the actual file extension is, we could probably tell what kind of files you're dealing with. You might have to disable the feature to hide known file type extensions in your Windows Explorer first in order to easily look up the file type. If they're really just some meta file type the program uses for internal purposes, it doesn't really matter, because you couldn't utilize them outside of the Magix program anyway. If it is some actual video file, you could use the appropriate Windows Explorer option to associate a playing application of your choice with the file type in question.

If you're interested in having a standardized, non-proprietary video file type that you could use outside of the context of the Magix program, you should use the "Export movie" option in the "File" menu to render and export your project to one of the available video file types (e.g. MPEG, WMV, AVI).

I hope this helps.

NoTurning wrote on 3/16/2009, 8:40 AM
Hi,
You might also have Muffin associated with the wrong file types -
You can try this... using your right mouse button click the file you wish to open and choose the 'Open With' option from the menu that appears. Then select the 'Choose Program' option. It will bring up a window with several common program choices. If the program you wish to use is not in the list then browse to it using the browse button. Once the appropriate program is selected click ok. If you want to always use that program to open those files you can check that box before clicking ok. Now you can open those files with any app you want.
Justin