Why no sound from keyboard? Please.

Btox wrote on 3/18/2011, 1:29 AM

I am surprised that more people have not asked this question.  I am a super pc savvy guy that cannot get Music Maker to play a sound in real-time on my Win-7 PC.  I get sounds from preset drums, bass, etc but nothing from the keyboard until playback.

Please can someone help me out.  I have re-installed and re-checked every setting I can think of.

Is Pro-Tools better?

Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 3/18/2011, 9:47 AM

I am not sure what keyboard you are referring to... Is it a MIDI controller board, or a sythesizer keyboard.

Are you using the MIDI side of the Music Maker?

john-auvil wrote on 3/21/2011, 11:21 AM

Then your sound device is not recognized or is not capable of this sort of MIDI playback. If you press "Y" on your keyboard while in the Music Maker software, you will get the properties window. Click on the tab "Audio/MIDI" and you get the following:

Note on mine, I have the output of a Microsoft Wavetable. This allows me to use the computers keys to make sound. If I had a hardware component setup, it would be listed under the input, which is where your external keyboard should be listed when connected. If it is not, then it needs to have its drivers installed from its manufacture.

john-auvil wrote on 3/21/2011, 12:13 PM

I don't find the software unfriendly at all. I have an old M-Audio Oxygen 8... I haven't used that in a while though, I think because they never updated the drivers for it when USB 2 hit the market.

I think maybe still it’s a signal flow problem... But let me make sure I am clear here...
You do not get sound as you strike a key, it’s only after playback?

Here is how I do things maybe that will help.

I load the Music Maker; I then right click in the track arrangement and create a new MIDI track. Then I double click the object it creates to open the MIDI editor. I select the instrument I want to use, and then mouse click on one of the keys to activate the virtual piano. Once I have done this, I can then press a key on my computer keyboard and it generates the sound... with some latency of course.

But, that does work for me and it is pretty easy. I have access to all the sounds that synthesizer’s of MAGIX provides.

EovVictor wrote on 8/6/2012, 10:39 AM

Hello,

Were you able to fix the problem with your MIDI keyboard?  I just got Magix Music Maker with an included MIDI keyboard the other day.  I was so excited.  And then I ran into the issue that you stated, and was almost convinced that it would not be fixed.  That is until I tried something that came into my mind just this morning.  In less than five minutes I got it working.

stephen-brown wrote on 6/10/2017, 4:10 AM

I know this thread is a little old, but I have got a similar problem. Sound is delayed from USB keyboard. What shall I do?

emmrecs wrote on 6/10/2017, 4:50 AM

@stephen-brown

As you say, this thread is nearly 5 years old. You have already created a new thread with your question; please continue any discussion there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mark-Perrin wrote on 11/29/2018, 10:19 AM

EovVictor…...so what did you do to get it working?!?!?!?

emmrecs wrote on 11/29/2018, 10:33 AM

@Mark-Perrin

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

Unfortunately, I suspect you will not get any reply from @EovVictor since his forum history shows he has not logged in since August 2012!

As previously suggested to @stephen-brown, please start a new thread with your question, making sure to include ALL the information requested in this post.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/29/2018, 10:34 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam