why is there a delay in the recording time now.. studio 12 deluxe

serkus wrote on 11/26/2008, 7:34 PM
I HAVE RECORDED ABOUT 12 SONGS IN THIS PROGRAM.. AND NOW IT ALL FCT UP.

i just go on like i normal open up and put my first trackdown. then i lay the second track down it don't even sound right.. the track is off time....

i have updated the drivers.. registered my product.. and also even reinstaled it and still is off time. why does this do this?????????

i use another program and its fine.. no problem tracks line up...

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/4/2008, 2:45 PM
Hi there,

Probably just a recording latency problem. So, the first thing you should do is make sure that you're operating with ASIO drivers, which are specifically designed to combat latency problems. In Music Studio, go to the program settings, e.g. by pressing "Y" on your keyboard. Under "Audio System", you should make sure that ASIO is picked as the driver system and a suitable ASIO driver is chosen from the drop-down list, e.g. the "Magix Low Latency (2007)" driver, if your sound hardware doesn't provide its own ASIO drivers.

Just the mere use of a decent ASIO driver might pretty much entirely eliminate any noticeable latency related offsets.

Beyond this, latency problems might be related to insufficient system performance, e.g. too little CPU power, slow and insufficient RAM, suboptimal Windows configuration etc. So, you might have to tune the system a little for audio purposes. Especially if you say that it used to work fine until recently, maybe you should review what changes you've done to your system lately.