Why has Magix now denied me access to many objects I have used since I registered to use the FREE version?

confucious wrote on 2/12/2009, 5:55 PM

I registered to use the FREE version but find that Magix have now denied me access to most of the objects I have used.  If I want to add the same objects to my website now I can only do so if I upgrade to a fee based version of Website Maker.

What is the point of designing a website if Magix will then deny access to the objects used and try to force the user to upgrade and pay to use objects they already had access to?

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/13/2009, 4:58 AM
Hi confucious,
this is part of a normal business
the free version has got some functional restrictions (e.g. objects).
to finance a free service magix must earn money with upgrades. remember that there will be costs for webhosting, programming, support etc.
for only 1,99 Euro you get website maker easy. this is fair. ciao! or upgrade to website maker deluxe with your own domain like me and you will be happy  Revovler
Lazerboy wrote on 2/13/2009, 6:57 AM
I do not think that anybody forces you. Also I never heared that there are elements converted from free to pay over night. Is it possible that you had a full version trial before? And changed to free?

EVERY SHAREWARE IN THE INTERNET WORKS LIKE THAT! You try out and when the test period ends, you buy or forget it.

I really do not want to pay for every sh..., but I understand that companies need to make money to offer services to me. Otherwise you do not get any service at all!

If you would go in a shop and test an Apple iPod and you like it, do you feel forced to buy it because you expect to get it for free? Strange!
Former user wrote on 2/17/2009, 8:11 AM
Hello,

you mean Orange Website Maker and not the Magix version. That clarifies a lot. I've checked the Orange portal an it seems to be a bit unclear information about the offers in detail. But I can't imagine that Orange or Magix will change the limitations without to inform the users. You should contact the technical support via the contact form on http://website.orange.co.uk.

Cheers, André